Official 2018 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

I just ordered the last one in stock....

You will have to play with the temps. This thing heats us super fast. You can use any pan that is magnetic. I have a small magnet that I tested some of my pans. Let us know how you like it:cheers:

Low and slow is the way to go...I run my WSM at 250 and my 3 racks of baby backs are done in 4 hours. Care to share your rub/seasoning :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yessir! Just a light salt/pepper dust and sear. Had a lemon chimmichurri to top and a shaved fennel/celery salad with toasted pine nuts and shaved parm as the side. Amazing light semi healthy dinner.

Dang very nice:eek:Hummmmm wondering if you are a professional chef or perhaps you watch too much cooking shows like we do:D

Dang very nice:eek:Hummmmm wondering if you are a professional chef or perhaps you watch too much cooking shows like we do:D

Far from professional chef. Just a curious home cook. My job is work a week on week off. The time off gives me the time to experiment when I'm home. I actually can't watch many of the cooking shows. Too much fabricated drama. Good eats with Alton Brown and America's test kitchen are the ones I enjoy. Gets into the how's and why's things work or not. A mom that got me in the kitchen at a young age is what started it.

Far from professional chef. Just a curious home cook. My job is work a week on week off. The time off gives me the time to experiment when I'm home. I actually can't watch many of the cooking shows. Too much fabricated drama. Good eats with Alton Brown and America's test kitchen are the ones I enjoy. Gets into the how's and why's things work or not. A mom that got me in the kitchen at a young age is what started it.

Check on that, would love to see more of your experiments:rolleyes:

I hear ya on the upcoming heat wave...95 today and pool at a sweet 90! BTW whats a gasser?

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta love cooking shows...

- - - Updated - - -

Good choices to watch. Alton B has some seriously technical explanations as to why things do as they do. I use Bon Appetite as my go to and then tone things down to make it my own. Works well for me as Im a non-complicated type cook...

- - - Updated - - -

Agree...share what you do! Oh I forgot my manners..."please" :)

Matt...yesterday I went to get some ground chuck and the butcher suggested I try the "steak trimming" which had been ground. First I was skeptical but I said ok (plus they had just put it on sale). I made smash burgers with it (google smash burgers) and it was seriously the best burgers I have ever cooked! My whole family raved and it was so easy. I would say the meat was 80-20 or maybe closer to 75-25, flavorful and juicy!!!

I just grabbed a handful of meat and placed on a tray in a loose ball...
Dusted with fresh ground pepper and onion powder...
Placed a cast iron griddle on my gas grill which had been pre-heated...
Put the loose meat balls on grill and smashed with a heavy spatula then dusted with sea salt...
Cooked for 2-3 minutes on medium high heat, flipped and cooked another 3 min

Also melted some butter on very low heat in a pan and added some "slap ya momma". Then brushed this on some buns and lightly toasted on grill. I swear they were delish...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.