Official 2018 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Happy 2018 pre Easter to allView attachment 74335
Today we turned on the SWG and started making chlorine. We worked around the yard and finally I fired up the Egg. Easter dinner at my house: bacon wrapped filets, grilled corn and asparagus and cooking indoors is roasted potato wedges and garlic Texas toast. For dessert we have salted caramel brownies topped with caramel swirl ice cream.
bbef74f302c851a92db24ab4458fcc7c.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Picked up this cold brew coffee in Costco today -

View attachment 74598

WOW!! Super-rocket fuel caffeinated! Tastes really good with jigger of whiskey and some Baily’s Irish Cream....:cheers:

Note - it’s pressurized with nitrogen gas so it has a little fizz and froth to it when you first open it up.

Picked up this cold brew coffee in Costco today -

View attachment 74598

WOW!! Super-rocket fuel caffeinated! Tastes really good with jigger of whiskey and some Baily’s Irish Cream....:cheers:

Note - it’s pressurized with nitrogen gas so it has a little fizz and froth to it when you first open it up.

Matt that looks great I will have to look for that. In the meanwhile I will just enjoy this[emoji482]
480745f63f56ec353c4a5f38d7bcc337.jpg

That looks good. I like Sierra Nevada a lot...always a good line up of beers.

The coffee, if they have it, is in the refrigerator section because it has to be kept cold.

Not fancy but you can’t beat cheese burger with corn on the cob with grilled onions and cabbage steaks cooked on the grill along with a shot of jack daniels honey whiskey and your favorite beverage [emoji482]
39ccb91d4c1737a99d570f2d0c9c3956.jpg

The Official Start of the BBQ Season

So I hate my gas grille because I got the “contractor special” - my landscape contractor that installed it got it for a very “special” price and I paid more full price for a poorly built grille that uses lots of cheap, overseas components. Anyway, at the end of last year I noticed it was getting more and more difficult for the gasser to achieve a quick high temp (so lots of gas spent) and the flames were tinged with a little orange. Rather than deal with it then, I just closed down for the winter and figured I’d deal with it in the spring.

Today was that day!

Basically I had to strip the grille down to the firebox and clean it all up as well as repair some broken parts that were assembled using cheap aluminum pop rivets. Here’s the photo series -

Grille stripped down-

View attachment 74812

Ceramic flame arresting briquettes remove (need new ones as these are disintegrating)-

View attachment 74813

Cleaned up and opened up all the holes in the burner tubes. I also adjusted the air intake opening by an additional 1/16”

View attachment 74814

Reassembled and grease cleaned off with Easy-Off

(Note to all the pool sissies that whine about MA vapors .... breathing in aerosolized caustic sodium is way worse!!)

View attachment 74815

View attachment 74818

View attachment 74819

As for the inaugural meal -

Bacon-wrapped filet mignon, boiled corn on the cob and jalapeño poppers!!

View attachment 74820
View attachment 74821
View attachment 74822
View attachment 74823

My grill needs the same cleaning! Since you are experienced I think u should come and clean mine...then I will see how it works while I drink beer and grill burgers [emoji488] I will supply beer [emoji481]

My grill needs the same cleaning! Since you are experienced I think u should come and clean mine...then I will see how it works while I drink beer and grill burgers [emoji488] I will supply beer [emoji481]

I will agree to most tasks for free beer... :cheers:

I am currently trying to grille steaks in a dust storm. There should be mountains in that scene -

View attachment 74895

With 25MPH winds and gusts up to 35MPH, the grille is barely breaking 200F....this could be a low & slow meal :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.