Official 2018 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Bikini Body Low Carb Meal -

For those of you, like me, working on our bikini bodies for the upcoming swim season...

I'm with you, Matt. Lost 20lbs since the New Year. Not sure how the Citradelic fits in though. My weight goes up just by looking in the beer fridge.

View attachment 73063

Sigh. The sacrifices one makes in an attempt to fit into the ol' Speedo. ;-)

Get your IRISH on Peeps!!

So I just seared my corned beef in bacon fat after soaking it overnight and then marinating it in beer & coffee (yes....coffee). I sautéed some onions for the top and put my cast iron trivet on a layer of celery. The bottom of the pot got a 1/3 cup of the marinating liquid and the corned beef sits high above it. I put a heavy, tightly sealed lid on the pot and it will go into a 250F oven for several hours. Here she is before going in to braise -

View attachment 73755

This is a slow braise process that yields a very tasty piece of corned beef. Best to use one with a nice thick fat cap on top. I prefer this to the standard boil-in-pot method.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
BBQ Smoking and Grilling are great but it's hard to beat a good old crawfish boil!

View attachment 73995

35 lbs of crawfish plus sausage and corn from this past weekend. Adults got to enjoy mudbugs and beers while watching (and not being disturbed by) the kids having a blast in the new pool. This is what we built it for.... great times!

Old School Italian - Chicken Cacciatore with rice (and some healthy green stuff) -

View attachment 73998

A half a bottle of red wine and lots of garlic & mushrooms went into the beautiful gravy that accompanied it. I love the smell of garlic, onions and wine simmering all day.

The other half bottle of red wine went to me :crazy: as I needed to forget about the bucket-loads of money I spent that day repairing my mother-in-laws car (don’t ask, it’s a long, sad tale....). More wine will be had before this evening is out....

BBQ Smoking and Grilling are great but it's hard to beat a good old crawfish boil!

View attachment 73995

35 lbs of crawfish plus sausage and corn from this past weekend. Adults got to enjoy mudbugs and beers while watching (and not being disturbed by) the kids having a blast in the new pool. This is what we built it for.... great times!

Be still my heart...er, stomach. Haven't had any yet this year and our boil isn't until 4/7. They're still a bit small it looks like?

Stove Top Sliders

I follow the leebo method of slider prep - fattiest ground beef you can find (80/20 at the very leanest, 75/25 preferred) and then you mix the ground beef with cooked bacon bits. Always fry your sliders in rendered bacon grease -

View attachment 74082

Cast iron skillet and press -

View attachment 74083

Love it!!!

View attachment 74084

16 sliders were made to feed a family of 7....none were left.

I use one of these for all burger manufacturing -

Burger & Slider Press - Shop | Pampered Chef US Site

75a8d257b9c01048fd6a8e1a466c2235.jpg

Did pulled pork this weekend. Here’s the method I’ve perfected over the past 10 years...

When I smoke pork shoulders, I fill the smoker (22” Weber Smokey Mountain).

4 boneless butts from Costco - 36# uncooked. Ended up with ~19# cooked. We put it into quart size freezer bags - 2# per bag. Then we pull a bag at a time out of the freezer as we want more.

Marinade for 2 days in a mixture of apple juice, sugar, salt, and Worcestershire... then rub and let sit for 1 more day.

Smoke it for as long as the smoker will maintain temp (9 hours this time). Then wrap each butt in 2 layers of foil and add about 1/4 cup ACV.

They all go into the oven over night at 190. Oven off at 8:00 and let it all sit closed up. At 1:00 we started pulling.

First dump the juice from each shoulder into a large measuring cup and put it in the fridge so it’ll separate. After the fat is separated, spoon it off into the trash and dump the liquid back into the pork after it’s all pulled.

Bag it up, making sure to squeeze out as much air as possible.... then into the freezer. The extra juice makes the pork freeze solid. You can’t tell any difference between fresh and previously frozen.

We will typically go through ~2 bags a month. Each time we start getting low, we do another batch.

33dee78b944043ca48b11c4c9c9c1119.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.