Official 2018 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Re: Official 2018 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Noooooooooo.....but I want to...... :cheers:

(I caught the bad flu. I’ve been in bed since last Sunday. I’ve never been this sick in all my life. It’s truly BAD)

I had the flu really bad last year. The doctor told me to go home and crawl in a dark hole and stay there for 7 days. I never felt so bad in my life before. ??

I had the flu really bad last year. The doctor told me to go home and crawl in a dark hole and stay there for 7 days. I never felt so bad in my life before. ??

I’m on Day #5 in the hole. There was a point early on where I was very thankful I had life insurance for the family as I wasn’t sure I’d be seeing the next swim season :pale:

Been awhile..... I did my first brisket ever today. It actually turned out very well. I found a good rub, cooked it very slow holding it around 225 the best I could. Kept the hickory wood chunks going, once the internal temperature hit 160° I put it in a pan and covered tightly with foil. I continued cooking it till the internal temperature hit 200°. After I removed it, I left it covered in the pan and rest until the internal temperature dropped to 160° and then I sliced it. Turned out excellent.
2cc111b02fd87075cb4ae30e8d44bfbf.jpg
3be15afd473d146fdea99266fae39afc.jpg

Re:  Official 2018 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Been awhile..... I did my first brisket ever today. It actually turned out very well. I found a good rub, cooked it very slow holding it around 225 the best I could. Kept the hickory wood chunks going, once the internal temperature hit 160° I put it in a pan and covered tightly with foil. I continued cooking it till the internal temperature hit 200°. After I removed it, I left it covered in the pan and rest until the internal temperature dropped to 160° and then I sliced it. Turned out excellent.
2cc111b02fd87075cb4ae30e8d44bfbf.jpg
3be15afd473d146fdea99266fae39afc.jpg

Mann that really looks good, can't wait for warmer weather:cheers:

I’m on the mend but not up for cooking Sunday. My neighbor is providing for the festivities and big screen so I’ll just eat there. I’ll bring a bag of chips and a case of beers.

IMG_9090.jpg
Hey Matt this is what I grew up on. It is the local beer of Trinidad [emoji1247] and Tobago. It is a very light tasting beer and not very hoppie.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes the spaghetti squash is one of my favorites. The wife usually makes it and pairs it off with skake and bake pork chops :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.