2018 Bleach Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leslie's Pool sends coupons on a regular basis for 2.5g refills (they say concentration varies between 10-12%) for 2@ $6.99, so about $1.40/g. Once in a while the price goes up to $7.99 or the deal is 3 for $10.99. Plus they have a punch card system for one free refill every 10 punches, with Wednesday double punches.

What's the part number?
I'm trying to search on their website (stores are still closed at this early hour) and I'm not finding it.

Atwood's liquid shock/chlorine does NOT have production dates that I have seen. They have an expiration date. Last year in July, 2017, we bought jugs with expiration dates of June, 2018. That is a lot longer than 3 months. They keep it indoor at my local store, but who knows where it sits before it is stocked inside.

Should we believe their expiration dates or go by the 3 month rule?

Atwood's liquid shock/chlorine does NOT have production dates that I have seen. They have an expiration date. Last year in July, 2017, we bought jugs with expiration dates of June, 2018. That is a lot longer than 3 months. They keep it indoor at my local store, but who knows where it sits before it is stocked inside.

I would prefer "born on" dates, but if the expiration date is well into the future I imagine it would be ok. You could buy a couple and closely monitor the change if FC when adding it to make sure it is good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm reading a lot of great, local specials.
Unfortunately, here in New Mexico I can't find any local suppliers that offer deals.

With that said, is the consensus that for the national chains the best deals are:
1. Ace Hardware 128fl oz. (1Gal) 10% @$2.99 = $0.23/oz hth Chlorinating Chemicals 1 gal.(11182) - Pool Chemicals - Ace Hardware
2. Home Depot 121fl oz. 8.25% @2.99 = $0.30/oz https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-121-oz-Germicidal-Bleach-23008948211/203420868

Home Depot (as well as Lowe's for the same price) has this:

128fl oz. (1Gal) 10% @ $6.86 for a 2-pack = $0.27/oz HDX 1 Gal. Pool-Care Chlorinating Liquid (2-Pack)
HD also has a bulk (4 or more) discount @ $6.17 = $0.24/oz
As usual, however, watch out for the date code. My local HD had day 60 as the newest a couple of weeks ago.

Honestly, I never pay attention to the dates but I have never gotten bad stuff from Atwoods and I average about 40 cases a year. I store it in my garage and never have it go bad. I believe they have such a good turnover and they store it inside and it is always fresh. Right now they have it for $1.99 a bottle on sale.

Wally World also has this in my New Mexico locations.
$3.64, 128oz, 10%
Works out to $0.284
93c578c63abcc0a46d5f4c3489f14fc2.jpg

If you are in the DC/North VA/MD area there is a place to buy chlorine in bulk. Its about 15%. I filled up 3 (5 gal each) jugs = 15 gallons for about $30.00. Amato Industries. They have a place in MD and Northern VA.
thats a killer price for 15%. I got mine from Wegmans 8.25% 121 oz for ~2.50. I am gonna look for the closer one. SO you just go up there and say where is the bleach ? DO I need to provide my containers or does it have to be a special container?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.