2018 Bleach Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
djbilo said:
In DFW, 8.25% is gone. 10% at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes - the stock is MONTHs old (3-5). Useless. They don't turn enough, apparently, to keep the stock rotating.

I'm stuck. Looking for something - anything - around here in Dallas/Fort Worth that isn't just the same thing but a price gouge as 8.25% has been for 5 years.

LIDL-branded bleach at 8.25% was mentioned in the forum but I haven't figured out exactly what that is (brand-wise).

Any suggestions?

I just purchased several cases of HDX 10% that has date stamp of 18 131 at Richardson Home Depot. $9.99 for box of 3 gallon jugs, and just over a week old. That seems like a good deal to me!

I feel like a right fool for buying Great Value bleach after the change to 6%. I kept wondering why it wasn't working as it used to, but I continued to buy it without even looking at the label! Idiot.

I just purchased several cases of HDX 10% that has date stamp of 18 131 at Richardson Home Depot. $9.99 for box of 3 gallon jugs, and just over a week old. That seems like a good deal to me!

I feel like a right fool for buying Great Value bleach after the change to 6%. I kept wondering why it wasn't working as it used to, but I continued to buy it without even looking at the label! Idiot.
The manufacturer is the idiot, not you. Their sales have got to plummet.

Solar Breeze - Aquabot 4WD - TFP

Just bought six one-gal jugs of 10% from Walmart for $3.64. Works out to $0.284 per the calculator. Looks like I paid way too much but not sure where in Albany, GA I can find it cheaper.
Have you tried Hughes Ace Hardware? I think all Ace have it sale they Memorial day.

Solar Breeze - Aquabot 4WD - TFP

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This says "pool shock" at Atwoods. Is it the same as just buying bleach? Probably a dumb question.
74209b334fc1bc73f2cfd505e6fb662b.jpg
087cde49f48bee7b73987060a82fd645.jpg

Sodium Hypochlorite is what we refer to as chlorine. So yes liquid pool shock is just chlorine, they just label it as shock because of marketing.

Its just regular old bleach but at about twice the strength of your average household bleach.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.