2018 Bleach Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
no love for 6% for us smaller volume pool owners? ;)

I switched over to that last year as my local cash & carry
has plenty of fresh 6% at the low low price of $ 1.25 per gallon
if you buy a case of 8.

This year we've seen some major brands of bleach switch from the 8.25% chlorine back to 6% chlorine. This got me to wondering again just what sort of price TFP users are paying this year for their liquid chlorine. I've setup a brief survey that I encourage you to participate in as it'll help me gather a good bit of information all in one place that I will then share with TFP users. Additionally post up here as many TFP users will find themselves looking for a cheaper form of chlorine this year as they adjust for the manufactures switch.

TFP's 2018 Liquid Chlorine Survey

I'd like to share some of what I'm seeing so far on TFP's 2018 Liquid Chlorine Survey. You can see a summary of the results so far here.

So far the biggest thing that's hit me is the large price difference between users who purchase in bulk and those who purchase single jugs. If you're able to find liquid chlorine in bulk you're currently averaging roughly .15cents per ounce where if you're buying single jugs it's about .25cents per ounce. That's ALOT more than I suspected to see and seems to be holding true across the United States. I thank each of you who have taken the time to quickly fill out this survey and encourage others to fill it out as it's helping us learn more about the true prices each user are seeing.

Another shocker I've see was the cheapest price per ounce. A user in New York reported finding jugs of 6% for a dollar on sale. This resulted in the cheapest finding on sale at about .13cents per ounce. Whoever found that deal.........buy more. :D

Yep......Bleach run day. Nice shiny new bottles of Great Value bleach at Wally World on a display in the aisle. Thought great......don't have to walk quite as far! Strange.........Lord knows I've bought enough to notice the entire label change. Checked it out.....down to 6% AT SAME PRICE OF $2.94 PER Gallon here. Went to normal shelf and bought the last 15 gallons they had of the OLD 8.25% at same price. I guess now they're gonna start selling my beer in 10 ounce cans (trade war with the world on steel and aluminum ya' know)..........and RAISE the price!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Gilbert Arizona - Warner & McQueen (several other east valley locations)
A&M Corson's
4gallons x 128oz/gallon (not including one time refundable deposit on 4 jugs and carry case)
12.5%
15.99 +tax
$0.25/ounce

Not a great price, but they haven't raised the price from last year (yet). A bit cheaper than WalMart and no plastic jugs to dispose of.

Same thing here. Walmart reduced the concentration of their Great Value bleach from 8.25% to 6%, but the price stayed the same. I noticed yesterday though that they also had other gallons of Great Value bleach labeled "Cleaning Bleach" instead of "Concentrated". They were also 6% but were $1.77/gallon. Not sure why the difference or if it's just a marketing thing, but I stocked up on some of those.

I was just out getting some bleach this weekend and noticed the same thing at Walmart here in Augusta, GA. The Great Value bleach I have been buying is now 6% strength. Ugh!

Has anyone used the LIDL-branded bleach? They have the 121 oz jugs of 8.25% for $2.39.

thanks

Reactions: jasonwbaggett
No changes here! 11% chlorine in 4 2.5 gal jugs for $21.76 I can get it a little lower at a local pool store but it is a long drive for me so it works out better for me to go to the closer place.

Wow, what state and in what store can you find that price? Best price here in CT is 4 x 1gallons of 12.5% for $17.99 at BJs. I pay for membership just to buy bleach and calcium chloride there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.