2018 Bleach Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Liquid Chlorine Prices

I found the same 6% Clorox at my local Costco today in California. I ended up going to HD to buy their pool chlorine which is 10% for $3.05 a gallon when you buy 8 gallons at a time.

Re: Liquid Chlorine Prices

Run out and check the date code on the Home Depot stuff. We had one person that bought quite a bit for a SLAM and it was water! It had sat in the store for close to 2 yrs and degraded that much! She did end up getting all of her money back.

Liquid Chlorine Prices

Run out and check the date code on the Home Depot stuff. We had one person that bought quite a bit for a SLAM and it was water! It had sat in the store for close to 2 yrs and degraded that much! She did end up getting all of her money back.

Hah! Same with those bottom dollar liquidation (pun fully intended) stores, essentially a gallon of salt water.

In 2016 I purchased 2400 gallon bulk chlorine (one container)
it was water and 2 skids of water the same week & this was fresh stuff just filled by the packaging facility. Oh well, it happens.. (for the record these were human errors, not stale product)

So far the best price that I found (Bay Area, CA) is Lowe's at $6.86 for the 2 gallons of 10% My local Leslie's doesn't sell in bulk, 2 gallons of 12% is over $9 there. A cash and carry opened up nearby so I will check that out too. I also posted on NextDoor to see if any of my neighbors have an inside scoop.

So far the best price that I found (Bay Area, CA) is Lowe's at $6.86 for the 2 gallons of 10% My local Leslie's doesn't sell in bulk, 2 gallons of 12% is over $9 there. A cash and carry opened up nearby so I will check that out too. I also posted on NextDoor to see if any of my neighbors have an inside scoop.

Do they store it outside in the garden area? If so, I would think that is bad for bleach (exposed to hot weather)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do they store it outside in the garden area? If so, I would think that is bad for bleach (exposed to hot weather)

It's semi-outside, think huge covered patio with an open wall. Luckily the weather is decently mild most of the time, and the chlorine is out of the sun. Hopefully one of my neighbors will come through on a new place for me to purchase, but as of now it's one of my only options. With the amount of dense housing and tiny lots out here, not as many people have pools so it's harder to come by strong, quality, sweetly priced chlorine.

Wow, what state and in what store can you find that price? Best price here in CT is 4 x 1gallons of 12.5% for $17.99 at BJs. I pay for membership just to buy bleach and calcium chloride there.
Ocean State Job lot. 12.5% for $2.99/true 128 oz. gallon.

No discount if you buy in bulk, but 4 true 128 oz. gallons cost $11.96, plus you get the corrugated cardboard box for free.

Been the same price for going on 4 seasons.

Ocean State Job lot. 12.5% for $2.99/true 128 oz. gallon.

No discount if you buy in bulk, but 4 true 128 oz. gallons cost $11.96, plus you get the corrugated cardboard box for free.

Been the same price for going on 4 seasons.
This Occean State sounds awesome. Looked up the nearest to me, a mere 4,000 miles away.

This Occean State sounds awesome. Looked up the nearest to me, a mere 4,000 miles away.

The 6 New England states, New York, New Jersey and I think two in Eastern PA.

It's good for a few things, but sometimes what you pay is exactly what the item is worth. For instance, I bought a garden hose on the cheap. A week later I bought its replacement, which I still have, at Home Depot

OK. So after further investigation, I found that Pinch a Penny Pool Patio Spa sells liquid chlorine in Houston area. Their stores are located on the west and north sides of town. They sell 12% of 2.5 gal for $8.53 (22.2 cents/oz). This is by far the cheapest price I found. The only catch is that they sell you their jug, and then you bring it for refills. The initial fill with the price of their jug is about $17.30 (still 12% 2.5 gal). After 10 fills it comes down to under 24.5 cents/oz (based on the calculator in this thread), and then with each fill you get closer to 22.2 cents/oz. By comparison, Home Depot's HDX chlorine (a three-pack) is 26 cents/oz, but I am yet to find a fresh batch...

There are a few wholesale stores for pool businesses that, I am sure, carry even cheaper liquid chlorine, but they wouldn't tell me the price after they found I was a retail buyer. Is anyone on here a wholesale buyer in Houston area? I would like to find out more if there may be a way to get access to those wholesale stores.

Don't forget that after 10 refills your next one is free.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.