How to switch from Baqua to chlorine?

Aug 1, 2009
Hi all,
Just found this site and I wanted to ask some advise. I just bought an 03 Sundance Altamar (no ozone), and set it up with the Baqua that came with it. My old D1 worked pretty well w/ dichlor & occasional MPS, but I have never really educated myself on the chemistry. Now I want to get it right. I am thinking that the BBB method might be the way for me. Can I make the switch w/o refilling the tub?

Thanks!

yes but you will have to do a full conversion
pool-school/baqua_chlorine_conversion
and then change your filter media once it's complete. With a hot tub I would drain, refill, and then convert (since some biguanide will still be in your plumbing) but the conversion will be very fast, possbbly just one good shock with chlorine. You still need to replace the filter media once you are done.

You WILL need to replace the filter once you convert. You cannot clean all the biguanide out and it will continue to create problems with the chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.