Stonescapes Aqua Blue finish turned black

I just skimmed over all of the posts.
Has there been any consideration that the problem is that the blue pigment has been bleached out by chlorine?
Which then leaves the dark gray color as the dominate color?

Post #35 says that a "scratch test turned up blue"- that seems to indicate that perhaps the non-affected blue underneath can be exposed. ???
The acid treatment may not have removed enough material to exposed the non-bleached blue pigment. ???

Here is a link to an WaterShapes article written by onBalance about color pigments. Pigments and Pools | Pools/Spas | Watershapes

Update:

We have had several pool companies come out to test. there is no consensus on what has happened other than they've never seen this before. All tests performed sow nothing. The manufacturer says that a corrosive environment can turn their finish black. I have the pool chemistry records and nothing indicates corrosive.

So at this point it sounds like an attorney is going to have to get involved.

Thanks to everyone including OnBalance for their help in this situation. For now I am going to close this thread and start another. Has any Stonescapes Midnight Blue (yes we got the wrong finish) turned black?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.