Water stays cloudy

Bryan

May 31, 2008
Tarpon Springs, FL
I can't seem to get my water to be sparkling clear. It's been cloudy for several days now and I'm not sure what to do. Here are my #'s: FC & TC - 4, pH - 7.7, TA - 140, CH - 150, CYA - 23. Can't seem to get that CYA up either. Help!

Thanks!
Bryan

Did your test register any CC's ? PH and TA are a little high. What type of test kit do you use to test your water?
I suggest doing an overnight FC test to see if you have some organics in your water.

If you have some granular stabilizer use the pool calculator to figure out how much to add to get your CYA raised. You should shoot for between 30- 50ppm. Try to stay on the lower side if possible, that way your FC goal is less and you need less chlorine in the pool.

I have a TFS-100 kit. No CC's today. At the beginning of the season I had CYA of 3, and since then (Memorial Day) I've added probably 12 pounds of granular (not at one time of course). I will do an overnight test in the morning. A little background: about a week and a half ago the water was deep green. I went to the pool store and got this report: FC & TC: 0, pH: 8.2, TA: 120, CH: 150, CYA: 35, Phosphates: 300, and TDS: 1750. Their recommendation was to drain it and start over. I drained about 20% and refilled and after a couple of days I got back to blue but it has remained cloudy.

The first batch was from another pool store which I will never go back to again because they were extremely rude when my wife wouldn't buy their products (because we do BBB, which they tried to scare us about). The next two buckets were from Leslie's, and I just picked up some from Ace Hardware today, HTH brand (like walmart's), 96% CYA.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.