New Pool Owner - Brisbane

Susiii

Dec 20, 2017
Melbourne/Victoria
Hi Diomarsa, I'm a new member (this is my first post). I live south of Melbourne and I've got an Intex Pool as well, just mine is a rectangular 18ft x 9ft x 52". I bought it about 6 years ago, had it up and running for one year, then we moved house. I did not set it up for a year until we moved house again and then had it up for 2 years no problem. Again we moved house where we stayed only for 7 months but now I hope we can stay in the house where we moved in last year. I now put up the pool and hard-plumbed it. This started after I got the taste of building with PVC pipes (made a pool ladder since the original was totally rusty). I was not sure whether I should put up the pool because, as you mentioned in your thread, the pool ripped and that was my fear too. Well, so far so good, nothing leaks and the water is looking great. I was so proud of myself that all the plumbing worked (especially as a woman!!!) and showed the photos to the irrigation guy where I bought all the pipes and fittings. He asked where the pool filter was and that's when I got really embarrassed - I never used a pool filter! So I ordered one online and received it last Friday. Now I had to cut 2 of the pipes to make the connection from the pump to the filter and back to the pool. It all looks great and fits but I am scared of using the filter because something about it does not look right. There is only one PVC pipe with a plastic ring on it and the cartridge inside the housing. Everything wobbles around and I cannot imagine that this is correct. I will try it today though because I haven't used the pump for 4 days and eventually the water will go green.

Hello Susiii and welcome to TFP! :wave: For your filter, you should have the PVC plumbed so that it goes into the filter then out as described in the users manual HERE. The extra outlets of the filter simply get plugged. I also have a cartridge filter and you can see an example of my plumbing in my pool pics link below in my signature. Maybe that will help.

I would also mention that the test strips will fail you. They are horrible for testing accuracy. In your area, you'll want to get a Taylor K-2006C. You can check these two locations: Kits Clear Choice Labs or this one: Taylor FAS DPD Test Kit Chlorine - SERVICE SIZE K-2006C $144.99. Other than that, make sure to read and re-read the Vital Links below in my signature as well. All of those will help tell you want you need chemically, when, and how to add. I hope this help.

I just saw your other post Onga Pantera PCFII-100 Pool Filter, how it works, so we'll try to get you more info shortly.

Hi Susii,

I didn't see this until now. Sorry. I have been looking more around the maintenance side of the forum.
I was hoping you could share a couple of pics of the PVC setup you have. I am hoping to do something like that with mine but I'm not sure how the fittings would work. All of the other posts I have seen talk about cutting the lining and replacing parts with standard fittings. As you can imagine I'm a little hesitant after what happened to the other pool.

Would love to see what you came up with