Avon Park, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I just got a 24' round pool that holds 13,500 Gallons. I have no chlorine in yet and I was wondering how much I need to add. I have a 1.5 gallon container of Suncoast Liquid Chlorine and was wondering how much I need to add for a startup? My results are the following:

TA-110
pH-7.2
TC-0

CYA measured around 25-30 ppm right now, however I just added a 4lb bag around 8 PM last night so I might have to check it again in the morning.

Is that liquid chlorine 10% - 12%? If so, I'd go ahead and add half now, and the other half tomorrow night, and then switch to a small jug of bleach for a few days until your CYA completely dissolves. BTW, it can take up to a week for the CYA to fully dissolve, so I'd wait to test again for a couple of days.

The pool calculator will help you figure out what amount of chlorine you need to add to reach your target value for your given CYA level.

Go to the Pool Calculator http://www.poolcalculator.com/

Fill out the information. It will give you the proper amounts to dose your pool.
You should calculate the CYA as being what you have now plus what you have just added to enter what your CYA level is now. The calculator will show you what your min - max range should be for chlorine based on your CYA level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.