Pentair IntelliFlo VS vs VSF

shingles

Bronze Supporter
Jun 12, 2017
Houston, TX
So when i had the pool built, the contract specified a Pentair IntelliFlo VS pump. When the pump got installed, it was actually an IntelliFlo VSF pump. Currently in EasyTouch 8 it is set up as the VS.

A couple of questions please.
1) does it hurt to leave it this way?
2) any advantages or disadvantages to running it as a VSF?

I really haven’t figured out how to program everything yet. :). When i flipped it over to a VSF pump, it wouldn’t run. I think it’s because I did not set a default flow rate?

The VSF can be used to maintain a certain flow rate instead of a certain RPM. Might be useful with a SWCG but that is really fine tuning. I am sure some of our EasyTouch/VS experts will chime in.

If it was me, I would leave it as a VS. Easier to understand ----

Take care.

Shingles,

We have always recommended the VS pump over the VF pump.. Now that you can get one pump to do either function, I'm still inclined to continue to recommend the VS option.

At this point I can't think of a reason that the VF option would be required. I'm sure there must be, but to me it just makes things more complicated. I suspect the VF option is designed for someone that is overly concerned about the number of turnovers his pump is providing???

So, I'd just keep it as a VS pump until you can identify why you need a VF pump.. :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.