EasyTouch4 Setup Question

nefarious

Silver Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
San Diego
I was going through the Circuit Setup in the SLConfig App and noticed that the pool guy used my Aux 3 for the Spa Jets. I don't understand why he would do this since that feature only bumps up the speed on my pump. I was hoping to use Aux 3 for landscape lighting but this setup kinda messes up my plans.

Any idea why he would set it up this way?

f97e7676d502a0dd5e61c985f2053c25.jpg

Is your easy touch a spa pool combo unit? If so, he did not know what he was doing.

A signature would help us. See Getting Started.

ne,

Assuming that you want to be able to turn your Jets, on or off, and that no additional pumps are involved, then he should have used a "Feature" circuit which does not use an external relay.

I am also assuming that you have an IntelliFlo pump which is controlled by a data cable. The Feature circuit will simply tell the pump to increase its speed.

If you have some other pump, such as the Pentair SuperFlo VS pump, it needs to be controlled by low voltage relay inputs..

Below is a typical use of feature circuits... You can see where Feature 1 is set up to run the pump at 1400 rpm...

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW.. These are old pics.. I have since changed the Circuit Names to reflect what they actually do...

Thanks for the help.

Turning on jets is just bump in main pump RPM with no additional pumps involved.

Yes, IntelliFlo VS

So, can I just move it from Aux3 to a Feature circuit? And if I make this change the Aux3 button on the control panel will no longer enable the Jets correct?

ne,

Yes... I would add a Feature circuit that increases the pump's speed (as shown above) and make sure it works.. If it works, then go in and change the Aux 3 circuit for your landscape lights.

Just to make sure there is nothing else going on, you might want to make sure that no electrical wires are going to the Aux 3 relay before making any changes...

Keep in mind that with your current set up, you can simply press the Aux 3 button on your Main panel to turn on the Jets.. With a Feature circuit you will need to use your digital device to turn on the Jets.. (Or use the Main panel Menu button, and then select the Feature circuit...)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Can you tell us if this is a combo EasyTouch? If it is set up for Pool and Spa, you do not need to use a Feature Circuit. Their will be a dedicated SPA circuit.

Your VALVES button will activate the SPA. It directs your two automated valves to switch to SPA mode.

Also, in SCHEDULES, you will have a SPA circuit.

Do you have the owners manual? If not, get one online.

Also, the part number for the ET PS4 is 520538. Unless you have an Intellchlor SWCG. A signature filled out would help us ---

Take care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ne,

If you want the Jets to come on every time you are in the Spa mode, then Marty is correct... When you select Spa, the pump should increase to the speed you have set for the Spa mode... In this case there would be no need for any Aux 3 or Feature circuits...

If you want the pump to run at one speed in the Spa mode, and then to increase the speed only when you want the "jets" to work, then you will need the to use the Feature circuit...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for all the help Jim.

As for the signature comments Marty; there's a bug that's not allowing me to save my signature. I tried setting it up a few times over the course of my membership to no avail. Eventually I gave up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.