Problems With New Diamond Brite plastered Pool

serge-

I'm sorry if I misunderstood, but the part about the lights at night threw me off! If it is a color discrepancy, that might be something you can address, and the footprints are definitely wrong! That is not something that anyone should be expected to accept!

I was more trying to give you some input so that you didn't mention the lights at night to the builder ot finisher and get that response back from them. I know how that comment goes over (don't ask me HOW I know!).

Good luck getting the end result that you expect. I hope it works out for you.

Bruce

If you can post a picture of both day time and night time (lights on in the pool), we might be able to help you. The daytime picture, for best results, would best be taken on a somewhat overcast but not rainy day with the pump off. This will help reduce reflections.

The higher the resolution, the better. When zooming in, have something like a skimmer net or a return fitting near the issue as a point of reference for scale.

Scott
PoolGuyNJ

serge said:
Thank you guys...tried to post pictures, but seems files are too big...In any case, let's hope the original problem that started this post gets resolved...mine was just a side comment.

FYI, these are pics of James Weaver's pool....

Hello everyone. I am providing some assistance to my father who is fairly new to the site. Please see some of the attached photos for viewing: I will work on getting additional pics
DSC07453.jpg

DSC07455.jpg

DSC07456.jpg

DSC07457.jpg

DSC07460.jpg

Rats you beat me to it. I guessI got up at 4:15 for nothing. Just kidding. My dogs do that sometimes to me. It is what it is.

What was the weather like when they plastered and just before?
How long did the gunite cure?
Did they acid wash or water wash to expose the aggregate?
How long after application?
How long ago was the pool plastered?

Scott
PoolGuyNJ

Sorry Serge, I thought they were.

Looked at the pictures you sent me again. Is it like that all throughout or primarily in the 2 locations the pix showed?

By and large, it looked like a good finish except for the spots that got away from the finisher and were a little over worked. This created a bit more cream to form the mottling you see. An acid wand and some diluted muriatic should erase it.

An acid wand is a device that attached to the end of a pool pole. It has what looks like a suction cup with a piece of tubing and a priming bulb. The acid is primed into the tube to start a siphon. The suction cup end delivers and keeps the acid in a relatively local spot so it can do it's thing. A 1-4 mix of acid to water should do it. It will also remove rust stains.

Scott
PoolGuyNJ

FYI -- JUST AN UPDATE----I posted a while back about the black spots in my pool done with Diamond Brite. SGM told the guy that did the plastering that it was a factory problem. He said that something from the mines they get the quartz aggregrate from got mixed in with the quartz aggregrate and didn't get washed out in the cleaning process!!! Anyway..... my pool was re-plastered by my contractor and SGM with no cost at all to me!!! From what I hear there were six other pools that this happened to. I never got the scoop on whether there were six other pools in my area or just around the United States. Just wanted everyone to know in case someone was having problems out there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lershac-- just make sure you read all of the print on SGM's website (Diamond Brite)... they may have some restrictions if you plan on doing it yourself. It seems like I read somewhere that they want the installers to be trained on how. In other words, just make sure the warranty stands if you do it yourself. If you look up all of their numbers on the website, they are fairly easy to get in touch with.

Hello All, I'm reading all the statements below & we recently had our Pool Plaster Contractors come in April to re-plaster our pool with Diamond Brite plaster. My husband & I followed the instructions "to the tee" after the plastering was done. Just like the blogs below we are NOW experiencing the "black spots" bleeding thru the plaster. I appreciate these blogs b-c thru them I found out that SGM is the manufacturer & not the name Diamond Brite. I intend on calling them 1st thing Monday morning (EST) b-c our contractors are telling us that it is the chemicals & not the plaster. We tend to disagree. The thing I'm perplexed about is that the blogs below are from 2010 & this is now 2013 & if SGM knew there was a problem, how come it's still happening?? hmmmm I also still would appreciate ANY information anyone could provide to help us out with this situation. Thanks for listening! APerzl

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.