POOL STORE EXPERIENCE

May 8, 2007
Northeast PA
I went to Leslies this morning and the young guy who worked there asked me if I needed help, so I told him I needed fas-dpd re-agents. So as he was ringing up the sale he asked me if it was for me or an agency. I told him it was for myself. He asked me if it was just for my backyard pool. i said yes. He said he never heard of someone with a backyard pool using fas-dpd. So I told him that my pool is beautiful since I know how to test my water this way! :-D So actually it was very uneventful, but enlightening.

Carolyn

I'd ask him which companies/services do purchase FAS/DPD from that store. Reason being, they just might be a service company that you at least knows cares enough to do adequate tests. In case you ever have a situation where you might need to use a pool service. Around here, most of them buy the jumbo packs of really big strips, which we all know are not adequate and they spend a couple minutes at your pool tossing in who knows what after they take a second to use their "trusty" strips. I only know of one service here that actually spends time taking care of the pools they service.

Buggsw said:
I only know of one service here that actually spends time taking care of the pools they service.
Pretty much the same deal everywhere. The only ones that really do maintain pools properly are the ones taking care of commercial pools that have to answer to the health department (and sometimes that's doubful from my own experience in commercial pool maintenance! I worked would one guy who kept putting 3.6 and his FC measurement in the log for the Health Dept. using a Taylor K-2005 comparator and DPD. I questioned him on this and he showed me the 3 on the chlorine scale and the 6 on the bromine scale and thought it was 3.6 when it was actually 3 ppm. The scarey part is that he was a CPO)!

every experience I have had with Leslies has been a minimum sale of $60 of "stuff that'll fix your pool"

Not that I knew enough in earlier times to say that they were the right chems. or not, but ugh to their sales pitch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.