Having trouble with pump and vacuum

I still need to test out the handle on the in-floor system. The gauges all go to 0 when the system is off. So if the valve is set for full power to the in-floor system, and it's still not getting the pool clean enough, what else could it be? The pop ups in the pool all seem to work, the pressure is there.. I constantly get dirt/small debris pushed into the back corner.

I read most of the posts in this thread, and I have a couple of observations.
1. It's perfectly normal for infloor cleaners to run at pressures near 30 psig.
2. Having a bypass valve that bypasses the infloor system isn't common, so having one is a bonus.
3. It's also not uncommon for the cleaning heads to miss some debris during the cleaning cycle.

You need to listen to the above advice and spend some time figuring out what each valve does and then document it. Labeling the valves, etc. would be a good idea too.

Once you know what the valves do, and have them set to run through the infloor system 100%, you need to make sure that all the heads are popping up, spraying and rotating correctly. Then you can decide if the cleaning function can be improved.

So with regard to the valve for the infloor system. It was all the way to the left, and the system worked. When I put it in the middle, it went off and went to 0. then went back on and back to 30 when all the way to the right. Would that mean its pushing water to a different part of the system?

When you switch it from one side to the other did the output switch from the infloor system to the wall returns? While wall returns usually don't run as high a pressure as infloor systems, it's possible that they could.

Did you have this pool built, or did you buy the house with the pool already installed?
If you had it built, you should have gotten a set of plans with the plumbing called out. Especially the infloor system zones.

It is not unusual to have dead spots in the cleaning system, they are spec'd out by the manufacturer to cover all areas but there will always be a dead spot here and there. If you have top returns near the area maybe you can direct water to clean there

I bought the house with it installed. I can't tell what, if anything, is different when I go from side to side. Only that it goes off when the valve is in the middle. Also, I'm not sure if all the pop ups are working. I know they don't all go on at the same time, but it's too cold for me to get in there and feel for certain.

Your signature shows a "built in vacuum system". That is not what you have. You have returns on the floor of the pool that are to work in sync to push the debris to the main drain. You have to have sufficient suction at the main drain to collect the debris. That will reduce your skimmer suction and the ability to skim the surface.

Good luck --

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.