Renovating pool area: coping, liner, deck...I need some help!

Hi all - I purchased this home on Cape Cod in August 2016 and have been slowly updating the exterior. Given the property is right on the water, I had to deal with conservation commission approvals and things haven't moved as fast as I would of hoped.

We took down a bunch of trees this past summer and will be tackling the pool are this winter/spring. Here is my to do list:

1. Replace liner.
2. Replace coping.
3. Remove all pavers and install composite deck around pool.
4. Remove shed housing pool equipment and replace with larger shed.
5. Install outdoor kitchen in front of shed.

A few questions:
1. What kind of coping should we use.
2. Should we put the composite deck right up to the edge of the pool or install a stone coping.
3. Is there a way I can do the above and not have to excavate a whole bunch of earth to get things flush? The deck will be built on 2x6 but if it goes on top of the coping, then we wouldn't need to excavate.

I have attached some pictures to give you a sense what I am working with (Ill post more). The area is currently a mess but will be beautiful once complete. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

AriPool with Tree down.jpgClose up pavers3.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Lots of folks like to give suggestions on these type of things so I am sure you will get some ideas!

Can you add a signature? See Pool School - Getting Started

Also - not sure where/what MA is? Can you give a city, state, province, country, etc? Please add to Location under Settings.

Take care.

Here are some more pictures.
Sd3b4
Sd3b4

Can't seem to embed them into the post.
Sd3b4

Imgur: The magic of the Internet (2002)
Imgur: The magic of the Internet (2016 - before tree removal)
Imgur: The magic of the Internet (2017 - after tree removal)

Up there, and with a rectangular pool, thermal face Bluestone in a 12” x 24” or 36” sizewould look great. Not sure about the base prep for a liner pool though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.