New build corner radius potential issue

We have a new build going in and the builder made 90° turn with the wood wall then put a radius turn coping in in which leaves a voided area where the liner will have no hard backing.

The builder says this is the way they do all of their pools. I am curious if this should be corrected before the pool is filled with water. We had discussed using the triangle piece of foam but he said those deteriorate.
Another friend suggested taking a piece of 2x6 about 10" long then tracing the coping. Once traced take a jigsaw to cut the pattern out and then repeat until I have enough to stack and fill the gap.

We have a lab and I just don't want to have any problems should he step out at the corner should he get into the pool.

Am I overthinking this and all is well or should one of the solutions mentioned above or another be used to correct the problem?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I would have the same concern. Ask your PB how he fixes it..............does he leave and open area every time? How long has he been in business? What are his reviews like? I would push him to come up with a fix for the dog concerns.

I wouldn't let that fly regardless of how many times he's done it that way. I believe the liner will stretch and fill in back into that corner easily enough but then you will have a lip overhanging the corner. Off the top of my head, perhaps some formable melamine back-filled with sand could fill the gap.

Bob

Yes, this is the way he does it every time. He's the best builder around here and builds over 150 pools a year. Thanks for the advice

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't let that fly regardless of how many times he's done it that way. I believe the liner will stretch and fill in back into that corner easily enough but then you will have a lip overhanging the corner. Off the top of my head, perhaps some formable melamine back-filled with sand could fill the gap.

Bob

Thanks Bob. I will rub this by him as well.

There are only 4 corners how hard would it be to make 4 corner blocks with the correct radius to support the liner? I could do it on a bandsaw in 10 minutes.

At this moment I truly dislike my PB but this is how he handled the corners in our pool. It is a hard plastic type material.

wo5TO4f.jpg

and this is after the cantilever coping

iItZJP9.jpg

Hope this helps you.

There are only 4 corners how hard would it be to make 4 corner blocks with the correct radius to support the liner? I could do it on a bandsaw in 10 minutes.

That was my thought as well. Obviously I'm not in the pool building business, but I'm just a little surprised that something that basic isn't standard procedure.

At this moment I truly dislike my PB but this is how he handled the corners in our pool. It is a hard plastic type material.

wo5TO4f.jpg

and this is after the cantilever coping

iItZJP9.jpg

Hope this helps you.

Happen to have any info on where to obtain those pieces?

- - - Updated - - -

Wish you were around here lol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.