New contract / New build - SE Pennsylvania, Gunite free form pool and spa

Lots more rain today, ugh. After 3 days/attempts of slinging mud, I actually feel bad for the cleanup crew. Glad that they were able to get the flashing done yesterday, but it's still going to need another round before we get inspection/shot.

While we're waiting - here's an overhead shot I took of all the plumbing paths last week :) Looks like a rat maze, haha.

20180816_190818000_iOS.jpg
20180816_180827200_iOS.jpg

I feel ur pain. We are still getting rain also. I can’t get anything started outside. And the humidity is like Florida style. The mortar for the fireplace being built won’t wven try. It’s been 5 days now and it’s still dark cause of all the water still not evaporated.

This week is 2 more bad days then it looks like a possible 5 day round of sun.

How did the flashing come. When they did mine it’s loke when u dunk a soft ice cream cone in the chocolate shell. Like you can tap it and it will crack. Pretty cool how it will hold back everything.

I feel ur pain. We are still getting rain also. I can’t get anything started outside. And the humidity is like Florida style. The mortar for the fireplace being built won’t wven try. It’s been 5 days now and it’s still dark cause of all the water still not evaporated.

This week is 2 more bad days then it looks like a possible 5 day round of sun.

How did the flashing come. When they did mine it’s loke when u dunk a soft ice cream cone in the chocolate shell. Like you can tap it and it will crack. Pretty cool how it will hold back everything.

It is sort of like the chocolate shell, you're right haha. We got some HEAVY ran Saturday and most of the day Sunday. It help up pretty well overall but there were a couple of areas that still faded/mud a bit.

oh boy, I hope it clears up for you soon so they can get this show on the road!! Glad they at least got it partially flashed. You'll be able to sleep for a few nights now.

Thank you! You'd think I'd be resting easy but still have yet to receive the green light for the rebar inspection. In the defense, of the PB they've had someone there every day making an effort to clean things up and pass. This morning they had one gentlemen there to clean up and get ready for the inspection. Unfortunately he is only one man and there was a LOT of water in the pool from all the rain we got and it wasn't enough. Next attempt = tomorrow. Hopefully they can bring a proper cleanup crew with them. I guess I'll see how things look tonight when I get home as well. And of course PRAY we got decent weather to shoot. :eek:

FINALLY inspection approved and Gunite day!!! YES!! They started shooting around 815 this morning and have already gone through 1.5 truck loads or so. The deep end took a LOT of gunite with all the voids from the rain. :)

Preview
-20180821_134939738_iOS.jpg

As usual, I'm late to the party...I'm just reading through this thread now. Since you've already been 'shot', this may be a little late, but FWIW.....Assuming the bubblers are on your sunshelf, and are tied in to the Intellebrite system, you may find that the Globrite you also have on the shelf to be unnecessary. We have two lighted bubblers on a 120 sqft ledge and they more than light the whole shelf and overpowers the Globrite, which is also on the shelf. I wish I would have known that and used that Globrite in a different location in the pool.

:bounce: YAY!!

Awesome!
Glad to see things moving! :party:

Thanks! Me Too. :)

As usual, I'm late to the party...I'm just reading through this thread now. Since you've already been 'shot', this may be a little late, but FWIW.....Assuming the bubblers are on your sunshelf, and are tied in to the Intellebrite system, you may find that the Globrite you also have on the shelf to be unnecessary. We have two lighted bubblers on a 120 sqft ledge and they more than light the whole shelf and overpowers the Globrite, which is also on the shelf. I wish I would have known that and used that Globrite in a different location in the pool.

The feature(s) on our shelf are actually un-lighted "splash down" fountains so no lighting in them. I'm hoping the globrite is sufficient to light up that area nicely though. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you started bonding with your pool yet? aka watering it! Try to 2 times a day. There may still be some small cracks but that is normal so long as they are small (cannot put a penny nail in it).

It is time for your set of links! This is something I put together for new pool owners. It is a lot of info that will take some using to to make it really click.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Pool Math

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

It is also a good time to check what test kit your PB will be providing. Let us know so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:

cool! shoot day was my favorite! soon cool! man i wanted to try that gun!

Me too - very cool to see it come to life. My favorite part was the building/shaping of the steps and sunshelf. Those guys are talented for sure.

Have you started bonding with your pool yet? aka watering it! Try to 2 times a day. There may still be some small cracks but that is normal so long as they are small (cannot put a penny nail in it).

It is time for your set of links! This is something I put together for new pool owners. It is a lot of info that will take some using to to make it really click.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Pool Math

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

It is also a good time to check what test kit your PB will be providing. Let us know so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim! I actually did the first watering already this morning. We had it covered right after the shoot to keep the rain off the fresh surface. Man, it was a job to take the huge cover off (water logged) on my own but I got it done. Crazy how much heat was trapped under there!

We're actually on vacation starting Saturday so I've got to get my sprinkler rig figured out. :)

Pictures coming tonight!

We are out of town through Labor Day but a few small updates:

-day 8 of shell watering complete today via sprinklers. Going to rain the next few days so will shut them off now
-plumbers came back today to finish up remaining work including heater, both pumps, etc
-We we’re informed today that the tile we picked out is no longer available. Back to the drawing board, Ugh. Maybe we will source our own?
-backfill around the perimeter coming soon

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.