Pump and equipment control with iPhone?

I am not sure if it depends on your Rev but you might need the kit IQ20RS. That is what I used to upgrade my PDA based system to full WiFi web and smartphone control. I am not sure what the difference is between these two kits on the surface they seem to do the same thing but the IQ20RS costs less.

Hi TriFive, can you confirm the software REV of your AquaLink software as this will determine the appropriate items you need to purchase. Below are the instructions for finding your software REV, note there are different instructions if you have the All Button control vs. the One Touch control, both are listed below.

Diagnostics

The AquaLink system has an internal self-checking process, which can display its current status on the indoor control
panel.

Use the following steps to get to this "diagnostics" information:

All Button Controller
1. Use the buttons along the lower left side of the controller.
a. Press MENU, BACK, and BACK again until SYSTEM SETUP displays on the screen.
b. Press ENTER (*), BACK, and BACK again until DIAGNOSTICS displays on the screen.
c. Press ENTER, and read the information that is presented in order.
NOTE To step through the information faster, press an arrow key (for example, Up). If you make a mistake, select CANCEL
before selecting ENTER again. When done, the controller will return automatically to its normal operating cycle.

OneTouch Controller
2. From the main OneTouch screen, use the Up or Down arrow button.
a. Highlight MENU (press Select).
b. Highlight HELP (press Select), highlight DIAGNOSTICS (press Select).
c. Press BACK when done.
Information displayed includes identification of the exact model number (shown as a four (4) digit firmware number)
and firmware revision letter, and the status of the battery, temperature sensors, and other devices that are currently
working on-line (communicating with the power center). If an LX or LXi heater is on-line, information about its error
condition (if any) will also be shown here.

Hi TriFive, can you confirm the software REV of your AquaLink software as this will determine the appropriate items you need to purchase. Below are the instructions for finding your software REV, note there are different instructions if you have the All Button control vs. the One Touch control, both are listed below.

Diagnostics

The AquaLink system has an internal self-checking process, which can display its current status on the indoor control
panel.

Use the following steps to get to this "diagnostics" information:

All Button Controller
1. Use the buttons along the lower left side of the controller.
a. Press MENU, BACK, and BACK again until SYSTEM SETUP displays on the screen.
b. Press ENTER (*), BACK, and BACK again until DIAGNOSTICS displays on the screen.
c. Press ENTER, and read the information that is presented in order.
NOTE To step through the information faster, press an arrow key (for example, Up). If you make a mistake, select CANCEL
before selecting ENTER again. When done, the controller will return automatically to its normal operating cycle.

OneTouch Controller
2. From the main OneTouch screen, use the Up or Down arrow button.
a. Highlight MENU (press Select).
b. Highlight HELP (press Select), highlight DIAGNOSTICS (press Select).
c. Press BACK when done.
Information displayed includes identification of the exact model number (shown as a four (4) digit firmware number)
and firmware revision letter, and the status of the battery, temperature sensors, and other devices that are currently
working on-line (communicating with the power center). If an LX or LXi heater is on-line, information about its error
condition (if any) will also be shown here.

Patrick,

Model PDA-PS4
Type Combo
Firmware PDA: 7.1.0
J-Box 4.0
Handheld: 3.0

Hope that helps. I followed your instructions and that's what that screen showed me. Thank you for any further help to get me to buy the correct product to be able to control from my iphone!

Should order the iQ20-A

IQ20-A will only allow things to be turned on and off from the phone but all programming would have to go through the PDA (PDA primary, phone secondary). Programming through the PDA SUCKS. The full web interface is infinitely better. If you get the IQ20-RS, the roles will be reversed (Phone primary, PDA secondary) and you will have complete control of all equipment and programming from the phones/web interface and on/off from the PDA (use as poolside remote). The IQ20-RS comes with an additional circuit board that you use to replace the PDA board in your Jandy control box. It takes 5 minutes to do the swap. Make sure to write down what each automated valve, lights, etc do before you swap or you will have to guess when setting it up again with the RS board. The instructions provided tell you what information to capture before the swap.

Another advantage of the IQ20-RS is that Jandy can fully take control of your system and help you if you ever have any issues.

I started with PDA only, then moved to the IQ20-A, then the IQ20-RS. I highly recommend you move directly to the IQ20-RS. The IQ20-A and IQ20-RS are identical kits with the exception that the IQ20-RS comes with the replacement board.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.