just signed contract for new pool in Fort Lauderdale,FL

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that big tile! There was a build here that used that and it really came out great!!!!

Have not heard of any problems with the colored grout here on TFP but I guess if you don't maintain the water with the proper levels it could cause problems.............White grout will really tie in the plaster with the waterline tile. I can't wait to see it all together!!!

Kim:kim:

So my plumbing and electrical just passed inspections. I was told by my gc (not associated with the pool builder) that the area around the plumbing pipes should be “submerged/ surrounded / filled” with some sand instead of the more compacted fill that came out of the trenches. Is this right ?

I am not sure. I THOUGHT they just pushed the dirt that came out of the trench back in and gently tamped it down. I will have to reach out and see what others say. I would think you would not want big rocks on it just in case they could cause problems with the pipes but....

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sand is good practice to provide some cushion for the pipe and also serves as an identifier when digging that lets you know you are getting closer to plumbing. It's code here to backfill the trenches with 2" of sand under and over the plumbing and electrical runs.

I didn't know there was dirt in Florida :scratch:

Thought it was all sand

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.