Old pool floor cleaning system

IO75

Dec 7, 2017
Henderson
hello everyone
I'm trying to fix my pool cleaning system (don't know the history about it since i bought the house a year ago) and i opened the valve just to find that is empty, no gears or nothing inside , and where the pop up heads are they replace them with a plastic cover just to allow the water flow. i think the system couldn't be cancel since these are the only returns to the pool. the thing is that I'm about to re plaster my pool and i think would be the perfect time to install new pop up heads, now my questions are:
-can i fix my current valve and install new pop up heads even if they are a different brand? (i was trying to find my valve brand but i don't see it, I'll attach a picture)
-or i need to replace everything , valve and heads?
all i know is a top feed valve with 4 ports in the bottom and 4 cancelled pop up heads in the pool.
thanks in advance.I'll really appreciate any suggestions

Attachments

• pool cleaning valve.jpg
    pool cleaning valve.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 104
IO75:

Welcome to the forum and please add your signature. Where is Henderson? Please describe the pool in a little more detail. Do you have any skimmers? Main drains? You state that only 4 pop up heads/returns are in your pool (where are they located)? And you also state that your pool has no wall returns at all? Any cleaner lines? Also, if possible please take a picture of the equipment pad.

Below is a thread that describes the system, but during the closing procedures that will help you gain insight. There are links that you can click on that shows parts, etc. May not be your system, but at least you will have an idea. If the PB only installed a floor system, you will have to fix it as this will be your primary source of circulation. Thank you.

Paramount System - Plugs, etc.

Safety cover and water levels

- - - Updated - - -

Go to the township and see if they have records on who built your pool. Then you can go back to the pool builder (hopefully still in business) and inquire about the pool and the system and hopefully they will have some information for you. You will probably be able to fix the system, if not at least modify, upgrade, etc. This will probably have to be done by the same company that takes care of the plaster.

Please post photos of the floor system , entire filter system & any piping penetrations on pool walls. - that looks like an old “pool valet” housing. - & I recommend you pay for a pressure test to qualify all of the piping before plaster.

Thanks for all the replies and sorry for the delay.
yes, the pool has a skimmer, the main drain and the 4 pop up heads , no more returns on the wall for the pool. the spa has a drain and one return on the bottom and 6 in the upper part. I'll attach pictures.
thanks
(Henderson,Nevada)

- - - Updated - - -

20171208_112412.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20171208_112501.jpg20171208_112511_Burst01.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20171208_112424.jpg

Attachments

• 20171208_123336.jpg
    20171208_123336.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 73
I am assuming that the pool has been up and running since you purchased the home. Under normal operation, do the 4 pop up heads lift up? If so, all at the same time and are they all working together? Are you purchasing a new unit (Gould 5 Port T-Valve), floor returns, etc?

Considering you do not have wall returns and are going through a renovation, is it possible to add wall returns? This really all depends on your patio, how far the distance, etc. If the cost was not too much, I would get rid of the floor returns (cut them out) and install 4 wall returns. The cost may be too much, depending on other factors.

The pool has been running since i purchased the house . if you zoom at the pictures you'll see there are no pop up heads , i think they just replaced with a cover , i''l confirm this week when i drain the pool.
that was one of my original questions if i need to buy everything the same brand is already installed or i can just buy a newer (different brand) valve and floor returns . since I'm re plastering it will be easy to remove and install new pop up heads and collars. and not sure if i can just buy a complete 4 port valve and remove the old one.
Adding wall returns and cancelling these will be too expensive and I'd like to keep the system the way it is just renovate it. I've been checking the prices and there are newer systems than this Gould at the same price probably cheaper.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.