A General pool discussion forum?

shingles

Bronze Supporter
Jun 12, 2017
Houston, TX
Perhaps a suggestion. Most of the forums are specific. There doesn't seem to be a general pool discussion? So for example: I want to ask about freeze protection, if I have water features, should I turn them on while I run the pump at night. But I am not sure where it should go... should it go under construction, pump, everything else? Even in the skimmer basket, there's one for intro, and a general chat for non pool related topics. So maybe in the skimmer basket section, we can have a general pool chat?

-S

Under Equipment - Build, Use, and Repair there is Pumps, Filters, and Plumbing where a question like this would likely go, but also Everything Else which certainly seems to indicate it is a place for... pretty much everything. Unfortunately your suggestion would have the opposite effect as you think, adding more options to only confuse people more. As you add more sections each one gets more specific, thus making it more confusing where to post a question, not less. Several sections have even been merged in the past few years for this reason, if I am remembering correctly.

I am probably just confusing myself. The thing I see with "everything else" is the sub heading - Heaters, covers, lights, automation, fountains, waterfalls, brushes, leaks, etc
I am probably being too literal and seeing this as still all related to equipment. While I suppose my initial example could be under pumps, I thought of it more as a "general" type question. But I do understand your point. It can certainly make it so that many questions end up in the general and not under specific question.

Donaldson is correct that we have worked hard to have less areas for the reasons stated. I can see where someone might think "everything else" is for primarily equipment but it is really for everything else LOL

Don't be worried about putting a question/concern where you think it should go. We don't mind moving it if we think it would fit better here instead of there. If you are unsure just PM one of us and ask. I will tell you that quite a few times most people don't even really notice where a question is posted. They see something they know about and jump in to help.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.