Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: iTunes alternate

1. Back To Top    #1

iTunes alternate

Can anyone recommend a good iTunes alternate for managing music and syncing with my iPod? A few months back I liked what I saw with Media Monkey, but it ended up screwing up the sync with my 4G Nano and I could not play back a single song. All my music is managed externally to iTunes, I don't download or rip from within iTunes. My biggest problem with iTunes is that it is so slow. Syncing, updating my library, everything runs like a slow dog.

TIA
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: iTunes alternate

Hmmm.... strange. My iTunes runs fast, is multi-threaded, moves massie amounts of audio and hi-def video files with reliability and ease. It also categorizes stuff well and I have never had the iTunes database get corrupted.

Your story of slowing applications reminds me of the "old days" when I used a PC before I switched to a Mac (I will never go back!).

Good luck,

Lee
    IG 24k plaster with overflow spa. Goldline PS-8 SWG. Tristar 0.75 HP filter pump, Polaris 280, large cartridge filter, 400k BTU NG Max-E-Therm HD, SR Smith Turbo Twister, Life Saver pool fence, ORP managed.

3. Back To Top    #3

4. Back To Top    #4

itunes is terrible. That being said it works better than anything else I have tried.
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

5. Back To Top    #5

Songbird isn't too bad. Worth a try.
    16' x 48" Intex Ultra Frame AGP (5,061gal)
    Intex 1500gph pump/cartridge filter/SWG
    TF100 Test Kit/Aquachek Salt Strips

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the suggestions all. I have given media monkey another try and it has been working out. I'll take a look at songbird.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

7. Back To Top    #7

I use Windows Media Player with an addon that allows an iPod to be sync directly with Media Player. The link is included below. It works well.

http://www.mgtek.com/dopisp/
    20,000 gallon gunite pool, attached spa, Pebblesheen finish, Paramount PCC-2000 infloor cleaning system, Paramount ClearO3 ozone system, Intelliflo VS main pump, Whisperflo 1HP cleaner pump, StaRite cartridge filter, StaRite heater