We're back! Pool demo and replacement in Sanger, Texas.

DROOL!!!!! Bob and Karen that is one GORGEOUS home!!! WOWZER! Hold on a bit while I look at it some more..............

Okay so here is THE pic I want! Someone on that pretty sitting area outside the doors. They need to be wearing their crown and doing the QUEEN wave! What room do those doors lead to?

Kim:kim:

Things continue to move forward.

Pool entry steps wrapped and capped. Also, a lot of cleanup at this end in preparation for decking.
20180127_171649 by Bob, on Flickr

Spillway completed.
20180127_171732 by Bob, on Flickr

Water bowls in place.
20180127_171824 by Bob, on Flickr

Pool equipment in place...mostly. I don't know why the blower didn't get installed.
20180127_171932(0) by Bob, on Flickr

20180127_172009 by Bob, on Flickr

20180127_172044 by Bob, on Flickr

Upper deck travertine well under way.
20180127_172421 by Bob, on Flickr

Decking at far end is finished up. The pedestal in the center is going to be for some sort of art piece; probably a rearing horse statue.
20180127_172523 by Bob, on Flickr

OH Bob and Karen.........that is SO pretty!!!

Rearing horse? What will you have it made of?

Thanks Kim! It's really amazing how much different this whole experience has been. The down side of this build is it will be finished and it's still going to be too cold to swim. We'll get plenty of use out of that spa though!!

I'd really like to go with a bronze statue but, we may have to settle for a "My First Pony" doll.

Bob

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bob, what were the blowers for?

They used the blowers to push the water/plaster away (and toward the sump at the bottom) as they rinsed the pebble. This was a very good crew. They arrived at 7:00am, were applying plaster by 8:00, and were off the site at noon. There were a lot of guys but everybody stayed busy and knew what they were doing.

They will send out a team to acid wash tomorrow and start filling it with water.

Bob

Nice when you can tell they have done it before!

You know the drill for the water adding-cloth on ends of hoses, hoses right by the main drain, fill spa last or make sure it does not overfill, do NOT stop the water until it is halfway up the tile.

Update- When the pool startup guy came out, he noticed some issues. Two of the water bowls leaked from the connection between the supply pipe and the bowl and the spa was leaking water through the spa wall onto the deck near the spillway. None of these were gushers but, rather slow weeping leaks. He notified the PB directly and the PB was on it right away. PB explained to me that the bowls were easy and he actually had his doubts about the way the installers had set them up but, he wanted to give them a chance because different than what he was used to didn't necessarily mean wrong. He also explained to me that they have a three step process for finding the leak in the spa; plaster first, then stone, then plumbing. He really hoped it wasn't plumbing...

20180306_132939 by Bob, on Flickr

We had a pretty hard freeze the week before plaster and apparently it was too much for the pipes in the thin section of the spa below the spillway.

20180306_162443 by Bob, on Flickr

The plumber was able to leave the plaster intact on both sides and jackhammer down to the pipes through the center of the wall. The stone crew came back out the next day and repaired the spa/spillway and the bowls.

So, all that was left now was getting the propane line extended and hooked up to the heater. I contacted our plumber several weeks ago and he came out and looked at the job. He said he would have a guy come out next week in the morning to hand dig the trench (about 40 feet) and he would come out in the afternoon to install everything. Then he texted me a couple days later saying he was really sick and would have to postpone. A couple weeks later I sent him a text to see when we could get this done and he said he was still sick and had both strains of the current flu. I waited another week checked in with him and got no reply. I hope he didn't die, he's a nice guy.

So, I contacted the local propane company and scheduled a service call to do the work. Today they showed up and we went over the work. I told them specifically that I knew there was nothing buried in front of the pool equipment but everything else was a risk. I also explained exactly how the electric service had been re-routed and where the line was. They managed to hit pool plumbing lines and the electric service for the control panel. Apparently, if you have a trencher, hand digging is unconscionable.

20180313_140211 by Bob, on Flickr

The plumbers will be out tomorrow to fix the broken pipe (pipes?) and as it turned out, though they hit the electric conduit, they didn't cut the line. I will need to figure out how to get the conduit reconnected to the junction box they pulled it loose from.

Very soon, I anticipate Karen and I will be able to soak in the spa and all these little annoyances will melt from our memory.

Bob

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.