Shaky brace ?

k98

Jul 30, 2009
I noticed that one of the braces of our 24 foot above ground pool is loose. It has a lot more wiggle room than I'm comfortable with. (couple of inches either way) The other braces are solid.
Is there any way to fix this short of draining the pool?
The pool is sinking slightly in that area but we figured we fix it up next summer and replace the liner at the same time. (due to a neighbor draining their pool to the property line, the water level is an inch lower)

Swim...don't swim? Panic?

Would love to hear any advice.
Thanks!

Pics attached. It seems to be ok at the bottom, but the brace and frame feel flimsy and really loose. I can push the brace against the pool wall easily. Wall is solid (of course...with all that water lol)

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 191
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 190
In your first picture it looks like the cap on top of the brace has popped off and needs to be put back in place. The silver thing should be hooked over the top of the pool. Someone may have another idea but thats what it looks like to me anyway. I dont think there should be any space between the uprite and the pool wall. If you look at your other braces they should be touching the wall ..... this one appears not to be ....

Yeah, it is popped off. Where its supposed to be hooked over (pool wall?) appears to have sunk more than the brace so I'm not sure I can re-hook it on. Has anyone ever had a pool inspection done? I'm thinking of bringing someone in to have a look because I'm not sure if we can wait until next year to fix this...

I think all you have to do is take off the two top rails exposing the top of that post (uprite) and you should be able to hook it back over the top of the pool where it belongs and tighten the screw back down to draw it tight. Then put the top rails back on and screw them back in place ......

Can someone confirm this for us please?? ...

you can use your pool without those uprights, they don't do much on a round pool except hold up the rail that guards your wall's top edge so it does not get crushed, so yes - SWIM!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.