OK, I finally have to admit that I probably have a case of mustard algae. For days I have been trying
to rationalze the dust in my pool to wood shavings from building the deck next to the pool. The yellow dust, very consistant with the description of mustard algae seems to be reappearing about 6 hours after I brush it. My last set of numbers were
I don't have a fancy test kit so I don't know my CC, in any case I will begin the shocking process which I have heard and spewed so much, should be interesting to see if I can stay the course. My two questions are...
1) should I just leave my SWG at its normal output and shock with bleach... and If my PPM is 15 can the kids still swim?
2) my softtub which holds 300gal seems to be consuming bromine faster than I can replace it... now could there be a connection between the mustard algae in the pool and the increase bromine consumption in my soft tub? And if so, what method of shocking should I be using on that... Right now i use the 2 part bromine system with a floater and shock with Chlorine.
ok, that was more like 5 questions!