Algae Question

jp31

Jul 30, 2009
Hi my mom just bought a house in south florida, while looking through the house i noticed the pool had black/dark green spots all over the bottom, water was clear though. I have read that i need to test the water and that this will help you guys in helping me, but unfortunately i am not there right now but will be there starting tomorrow for a little more than a week. I started scrubing the algae with a s/s brush and it does come off, it took about 3 hrs but i got about 3/4 of the pool done, now i have to do the deep end. My question is it is leaving green little stains wherever i have scrubed, how can i get these out? I read that you can use a chlorine tab, but it would be the whole bottom of the pool. With what i saw yesterday the only background on the pool is it is 14,000 gallons, salt water system, conc/pebble bottom.

How they got there in the first place is the key to removing them. The pool has had/does have inadequate chlorine. The best way to remove them is with adequate chlorine. and they will disappear. We can't tell you exactly what the adequate chlorine level is for that pool util you post test results......most importantly, be sure the tests include CYA.

Post those back up and you'll get great advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.