Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Algae Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Algae Question

Hi my mom just bought a house in south florida, while looking through the house i noticed the pool had black/dark green spots all over the bottom, water was clear though. I have read that i need to test the water and that this will help you guys in helping me, but unfortunately i am not there right now but will be there starting tomorrow for a little more than a week. I started scrubing the algae with a s/s brush and it does come off, it took about 3 hrs but i got about 3/4 of the pool done, now i have to do the deep end. My question is it is leaving green little stains wherever i have scrubed, how can i get these out? I read that you can use a chlorine tab, but it would be the whole bottom of the pool. With what i saw yesterday the only background on the pool is it is 14,000 gallons, salt water system, conc/pebble bottom.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Algae Question

How they got there in the first place is the key to removing them. The pool has had/does have inadequate chlorine. The best way to remove them is with adequate chlorine. and they will disappear. We can't tell you exactly what the adequate chlorine level is for that pool util you post test results......most importantly, be sure the tests include CYA.

Post those back up and you'll get great advice.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Algae Question

What he said.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com