Patio Gas Heater

I know a lot of restaurants use these type heaters on their patios during the winter. I looked on Consumer Reports and didn't find any review of them though (boo!)

So maybe just giving this thread a bump will help.... :bump:

Maddie :flower:

My club has several of these style heaters on a covered patio. They work well when the plastic walls/curtains are down. As with any outdoor heater, however, they don't do as well in wind -- so when the walls are up and the wind is blowing they're not effective at all. If you have a way to block the wind, they should work for you. Placement is also key. If you're sitting directly under them they'll roast your head, but too far away and you won't feel them at all. We've found the "sweet spot" is to position them over the dining table (or coffee table in a lounge/conversation set-up). I thought about getting some of these for the house but ended up going with the portable heaters for versatility.

Wow
The Calcana looks to be $2600 to start
http://www.patioproductsusa.com/Calcana/0-0-0-342/list.aspx?source=organic&kw=calcana
COstco has patio heaters for $110 and the propane tanks are ~$20 a fill around here
Its more than 100 fills before the calcana starts to pay for itself ...

We have a natural gas line on the patio - If I could find a portable patio heater that took natural gas that was less than $1000 we would consider it for the convenience, of not having to mess with the tanks.

the mounted units for covered patios can be had for much cheaper. 2600 is alot of money. i am going this route for our open sided pool house so i don't loose floor space but i know when i have been looking they weren't crazy priced. i dont' know if i'm going eletric or gas yet though.

jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.