Robo cleaner. Go for Basic or expensive!! Dolphin

darthv

Jun 25, 2017
garden grove, ca
Hello all
i want to pull the trigger on a purchase for a first robot for 30k plaster pool square with straight steps.

Dolphin seems to be the go to manufacturer but it seems people have mainly good results no matter which they choose. So...

dolphin nautilus with clever clean $569
dolphin m400 ($1000-1100).

The nautilus has excellent has awesome reviews on amazon anyway.

can we expect to see a real world difference for nearly double the cost?

In some ways this reminds me of the computer days when people would compare mhz when a person using Microsoft word everyday would notice no difference.

Thanks ahead of time

The M series is designed with deep pools in mind and works better in pools with complicated shapes, submerged benches, sun shelfs and beach entries. The M series also has a third rotating brush to clean better and does not typically get hung up on drain covers.

The S series are more economical, can sometimes get stuck on drains and are better for simpler pools. However, a high end S series will cost as much as a low end M series but have much better feature access (smartphone app controls, larger volume filter basket, etc).

Be careful buying online. Most Dolphin robots can not be purchased online or you void the warranty. You can order over the phone from out of state shops and still be within warranty terms. Also note that, if possible, buying local is better (in my opinion) as many shops will NOT service robots they didn’t sell to you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.