Connecting Pentair IC60 to EasyTouch8

shingles

Bronze Supporter
Jun 12, 2017
Houston, TX
In the EasyTouch without with SWCG Option there is a single com port (J20). Right now my screen logic wireless kit is plugged in to it. The instruction seems to suggest I can plug multiple things into this com port. Can anyone confirm please?

Thanks.

s,

You may already know this, but make sure that the cell's power supply is routed through the Pump/Filter relay. This prevents the cell from running if the pump is not being told to run.

Your IntelliFlo will also connect to the this same Com port. If you only have the one physical port, it is often easier to wire-nut the wires together and then just use a short jumper from the wire nuts to the J20 com port.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim/James. The cell is wired into the pump relay. I talked to the PB today, the electricians failed to wire the IC60 power center into the EasyTouch. I was thinking about wiring it myself, but he said he'd take care of it.

The newer versions of the cell can be set for 2%, 4%, 6%, 8%, 10%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% or 100% from the cell.

The cell generates during pump operation at the percentage set. Generation is based on a timed cycle. For example if the cycle is 100 minutes and the cell is set to 20%, the cell will produce for 20 minutes and then be off for 80 minutes then it will begin a new cycle with reversed polarity.

The cell generates during pump operation at the percentage set. Generation is based on a timed cycle. For example if the cycle is 100 minutes and the cell is set to 20%, the cell will produce for 20 minutes and then be off for 80 minutes then it will begin a new cycle with reversed polarity.

That must also be new because my IC40 (three years old) cycles on/off far more often than that. I have it set at 20% right now and it is on/off quite often.

Take care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was just using 100 minutes as a generic example because I couldn't remember what the IntelliChlor cycle time was. I should have looked it up.

When set to 2% or 4%, the cycle time is 1 hour. All other settings use a 5 minute cycle time.

I think that older models used a 1 hour cycle time.

The reversal time is 2 hours for the first 30 days and then it switches to 3 hours. Older models started at 2 hours and switched to 4 hours but could be adjusted to 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 hours. I don't know if the new models allow for adjusting reversal times.

I was just using 100 minutes as a generic example because I couldn't remember what the IntelliChlor cycle time was. I should have looked it up.

When set to 2% or 4%, the cycle time is 1 hour. All other settings use a 5 minute cycle time.

I think that older models used a 1 hour cycle time.

The reversal time is 2 hours for the first 30 days and then it switches to 3 hours. Older models started at 2 hours and switched to 4 hours but could be adjusted to 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 hours. I don't know if the new models allow for adjusting reversal times.

James,

Just to confirm what you are saying... I just looked at my system, which has one of the newer cells.. At 50% output the cell is on for about 2.5 minutes and off for 2.5 minutes. At 20% the cell is on for about 1 minute and off for about 4 minutes..

My older cell, which did not have the 2% thru 8% ranges, operated the same way.. about 5 minutes of cycle time.

The original cell was less than 3 years old, so not all that old..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Sanitizer Output LED Indicators
The five LED indicators display as a bar graph to show the amount of time that chlorine is produced per hour,
in 20% increments. In BOOST mode, they scroll.
• 20% Produces chlorine 20% of the hour, 12 minutes on, 48 minutes off.
• 40% Produces chlorine 40% of the hour, 24 minutes on, 36 minutes off
• 60% Produces chlorine 60% of the hour, 36 minutes on, 24 minutes off.
• 80% Produces chlorine 80% of the hour, 48 minutes on, 12 minutes off.
• 100% Produces chlorine 100% of the hour, 59 minutes on, 1 minute off.
From the 2005 manual
It appears that the 2005 model used 1 hour, but maybe it had a cycle time of 5 minutes and they were just using an aggregate of 1 hour. Maybe they changed at some point after 2005 but before the newest cell types.

Every revision has little changes that can make it difficult to keep up with exactly how it works.

Also, if connected to automation, then the automation software should dictate how the cell operates.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.