SWG - No Flow Error

Apr 18, 2017
Western Australia
G'day all from down under.

First off, love all the good advice on here, I have spent many hours reading through all the amazing info and your help so far has been amazing.

Problem:
I have recently come across a 'No Flow' error on my SWG, I am getting about 13psi (90Kpa) pressure and since it has been installed in April, I have had no issues up until now.
According to the manual the 'No Flow' can be caused by The pump turned off/disconnected or valves closed OR Blue wire disconnected from cell

Attempted solutions:
I have checked the blue wire is connected. It is fasted by a wingnut and there is no corroding or wear on it at all.I noticed some build up on the sensor inside the unit and then cleaned it as per the manual 1:10 hydrochloric to water. I left it for a few minutes then rinsed it. The error persisted :(
I then left it for a day running as per normal hoping the error needed time to sort itself out. The error persisted :(
I gave it another clean as the manual suggests repeat if necessary and plugged it all back in. The error persisted :(

I appreciate your help! I don't live in a metro area so regular trips to the pool store are out of the question, this website has been amazing for helping me manage the pool.

Obligatory pool readings:
TA 120
PH 7.6
FC 4 (managing with liquid chlorine atm)
CC 0
CH 200
Salt 4000 (estimate, I added some more salt today as it was around 3500ppm)

If you're sure water is actually flowing (if the only way to get water to the returns is through the SWG, check to make sure water is flowing out the returns), which I'm guessing you are or you wouldn't be asking, it looks like you've done everything else you can.

It appears your salt is low for what your system wants (it says 4000-6000 ppm, which is much higher than others I've looked at) but I doubt that's your issue. To rule it out for sure though, I'd turn off the SWG, put in enough salt for about 5000-5500 ppm, run the pump and stir for a while until you're sure it's all dissolved, and then turn it back on and see if it's happy.

If it still isn't happy there probably isn't anything you can do other than call the manufacturer. Your flow switch appears to be internal to the cell itself, so there isn't really any testing or fixes you can do yourself.

Thanks for that, I was afraid that I may have to contact the manufacturer.. As it is coming up to summer I might have to install a temporary bypass for the SWG in case I have to send it away :(

I just tested the salt and it is at 4500ppm after I gave it a stir about 4 hours ago and I will add some more in tomorrow afternoon and see how that goes.

Also, I am confident that the water is flowing as the return jets are partially exposed atm and they are running as per normal. :D

I was reading a post here: Salt Chlorinator System: No Flow and the last comment was someone asking if the pressure goes to 0 when the pump is off.. is this important? There was no response to the question :confused:

4500 looks like it should be fine according to your manual, so it might not be worth adding more right now.

I'm guessing they wanted to check that the water was going somewhere, but I'm not really sure. You don't seem to be having that problem though. I think I'd call the manufacturer at this point and see if they have any ideas, short of just sending it back. Maybe ask if they can send you a blank first, or some places will also pre-send you a replacement, that you pay for, and then once they get your old one back and verify the warranty claim is valid, they'll reimburse you for that one. Might be worth asking so you can get back up and running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.