Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Major Pool Repair Needed

1. Back To Top    #1

Major Pool Repair Needed

I am looking for a little advice on some needed repairs to my pool. I live in Arizona and I just found out my Pentair Purex-Triton CC320 filter housing has a crack in it. I am being quoted $1000 to replace. In addition, my inground cleaning head gears are out and need to also be replaced, add $300, and to make matters worse, one of the 1.5 horsepower pumps is whinning and is on its way out $400. I can live with the motor until it dies; but the filter housing and the cleaning head gears need to be repaired/replaced. Any suggesions on where I can get some better pricing? Also, should I consider a different or less expensive system.

Thank You for any advice.

BTW, cool site!
    13,000 gallon freeform gunite pool with aqua blue quartz finish completed 8/23/09, 1.5 hp two speed Super II pump, 450 cartridge filter, 250 btu heater, 6' spillover spa, 3/4 hp booster pump for Hayward Viio Cleaner, Goldline P4 controller with salt system 20k cell

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Major Pool Repair Needed

Welcome to TFP.

Your filter sells in the $625 range, and each of the housing halves is available for around $200. If you are handy at all, you should be able to save quite a bit there.

The pump motor may be repairable. It could be as simple as a bearing. A motor/starter/alternator shop may be able to advise you.

If you could give some details about your pool, water features, size etc., some members here may be able to give better advice on different equipment.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for the inforamtion. Where can I purchase these parts? For the filter housing, all I really need is the bottom half, which is the one with a small crack in it. I assume it can not be patched or repaired. I am fairly handy so I can replace the parts if I can buy them. I have tried to find the parts on line to no avail. That is how I found this website.

As for more information on my pool; it is a 10,000 gallon pebble tec with an inground pop up cleaning system. The two pumps; one for the filter system and the other for the pop ups are 1.5 horsepower units.

The tec from Leslies that gave me the quotes said I could possibly change the filter system to a Hayward system that is cheaper but would require some additional plumbing to fit my system.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    13,000 gallon freeform gunite pool with aqua blue quartz finish completed 8/23/09, 1.5 hp two speed Super II pump, 450 cartridge filter, 250 btu heater, 6' spillover spa, 3/4 hp booster pump for Hayward Viio Cleaner, Goldline P4 controller with salt system 20k cell

4. Back To Top    #4

http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_filters ... arPLUS.htm

Very reputable company. Call them if you have questions.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

You might try this site for the gears for your in floor cleaner. http://infloorpoolparts.com/index.html
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_filters_pentair_clean&clearPLUS.htm

Very reputable company. Call them if you have questions.

Wow, John you might be saving me a ton of $$$$ I might have to buy you a dinner!

Thank you!