Need help with getting a pump to start

driehn

Nov 20, 2017
Lawrence, KS
Hey all, new to the forum. Thanks in advance for any help.

I tried to open my hot tub. It's filled, but the pumps aren't kicking on.
When I try to start the jets, the pumps "hum" but don't start turning the wet ends. I have 2 pumps and both are doing this. A couple of times it would trip the GFCI and a couple of times I get the message "dry".
I have taken out a plug from both wet ends to ensure water is flowing in there (to the point where water is shooting out).
The only cut off value is open.

Interestingly, there is a line that goes up from my main pump/wet end that used to connect to an ozonator. I removed that some time ago and put an end cap where the ozonator used to be. I removed the cap expecting water to come out and it didn't. So, I have air in the system somewhere but not sure what the next step is to remove it and get water flowing. I left the cap off for a good 5 minutes but water never started to flow.

Any help is appreciated.
David

Are you able to spin the motors to verify they are not damaged? There could have been a power surge that fried both the capacitors, thus the humming sound you hear.

I'm not familiar with ozonators but it could be a check valve in the line keeping water from flowing out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.