Getting bids

brentkhack

Bronze Supporter
Nov 20, 2017
TX
Looks very complete.

You really do not need the Rainbow chlorinator, only in Texas do they insist on installing those with a SWCG.

I would think with only 6 spa jets that you really do not need the blower. If the spa system is properly installed you should be able to draw sufficient air for the jets.

Good luck -- have fun!
I think they said it is good as a backup if my SWG fails and it didn't cost that much overall. How would it draw air for the jets then? This is my first pool.

Congrats! How much did you end up going over your budget? I blew my anticipated budget by $14k....actually now it's $16k lol.
Well that depends on where the budget started from. If how much over from not knowing how much a hole in the ground with water cost, we were about $9k over. Having 4 builders out and getting three quotes, we were zero over budget once we updated the reality of cost of the pool. There are a lot of things we would like but I think we got the needed "good stuff" like the automation, robot, water and fire bowls, upgraded plaster with 15 yr warranty.

The spa plumbing is installed with a Hartford loop with an air entry line near the spa.
Our spa has no blower, has six jets with an Intelliflo VS, and has more than enough bubbles.

The best back up for when your SWCG fails or during winter is liquid bleach.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.