Need help choosing the right pool for Montana weather

Oct 31, 2017
Great Falls
Hello to ALL. I am new to this forum and am so glad in my months of AGP research I ran across it. I really need help figuring out which pool and equipment to purchase to replace our 16' x 48" Intex. Getting to old for the yearly setup and take down. I think we have finally narrowed down our choices, but don't want to go down a rabbit hole and drown because of wrong choices.

This pool will be used by 2-3 adults and we are basically just floaters. Due to pool placement, we feel a 21' x 52" will suit us best. These are the three pools and their price we are considering. 1) Saltwater 5000 $2810 2) Signature RTL $2560 3) Heritage $2670 They are from The Pool Factory.

This is the equipment we are considering and is included in the pool price:

Hayward Thru-Wall Skimmer & Return Fitting
Uni-Bead Mysrti Gold Liner - 25 Gauge
AquaPro 190 sq. ft. Cartridge Filter System 2-HP 2 Speed Pump
Confer Curve Deluxe Step with Outside Ladder
Peel N Stick Foam Pool Cove
Armor Shield Liner Floor Pad
Deluxe Pool Cleaning Kit - 5 piece with 24' Vacuum Hose

Since we live in Montana where the temperatures can easily drop below zero, I want to make sure that resin will hold up for years and not crack (Maybe all steel is better for Montana??) There are no installers so we will need to spend the winter reading and studying the proper way to put up our pool. I know we need more than what I listed but it would feel good to get this far in the decision making process.

Thanks EVERYONE. I look forward to responses and learning about AGP. HAPPY THANKSGIVING

HI! So you are ready for your "grown up" pool! How exciting!

I was able to look up the first two but could not find the Heritage. Can you provide a link to that one.

Of the two I looked up I like the saltwater one the best. If they will warranty it for salt and semi in ground then that is the one for me!

Once I can find the other one I will let you know what i think of it.

Kim:kim:

I have the saltwater 5000, I love it. I also got the foam cove and the floor pad. I also got a unibead liner 25 mil. I am very happy with the pool. I wanted the saltwater 5000 because I am using salt and the salt destroyed my intex pool after 2 years. I love that almost all of it is made from resin.

The biggest thing is make sure the ground is level and use pavers under the legs.

I made an error and listed Heritage when it is actually the Hampton. Thanks for your replies! The Saltwater 5000 is my number one choice so it is nice to hear of someone who owns it and loves it. I don't know if we will put in a saltwater system, but with this pool we have options. I can now research resin pools in cold climates or quit looking at pools and order that one. I think I will opt for just ordering while this sale is on. I have found this a difficult process since there are no pool stores where we live. We did drive to a store which is about 3 1/2 hours from us but they only sell Doughboy. I like the price of these better. It feels good to be buying a "Grown Up Pool". I know I will have many more questions along the way. Thank you for your quick replies.

Okay I looked at the Hampton. While the Hampton is pretty I still like the Saltwater better. If it can handle the salt and being buried then it should handle you burrrr weather. New York knows about burrrrrr so I think you would be good to go!

Kim:kim:

You should consider going with a pool as big as you can afford and the property will allow. I have a 24ft above ground and it only see's 2 adults and a 4 year old and if I knew I could have put a 27ft pool in, I would have. :mrgreen:

Don’t know much about AGP’s but if the pool you get is rated for saltwater use, then get a variable speed or two speed pump and a salt-water chlorine generator. SWGs make pool care so much convenient and most folks that get swear they will never own another pool without one (me included). The upfront cost is higher but it’s essebtially equivalent to buying all of your chlorine up front so the economics works out the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.