Best place to buy a salt water generator?

usbb,

I assume you do not have automation, as that would dictate which salt cell you need to buy..

We always recommend that you buy a cell that is rated for at least 2 x the volume of your pool. This is because they rate cells when running at 100%, 24/7... Something you don't want to normally do.

Thanks,

Jim R.

What is the best place to buy a salt water generator? And if I have a friend that is an electrician, can we install it as a do it yourself project?
If your friend is an electrician and between the two of you at least someone can do the most basic of plumbing you can definitely handle it.

And I second discount salt water pools. That's where I got mine. Installed it myself, very easy, been very happy so far.

Keep in mind that some manufacturers will require PB or like to install for warranty purposes. This coupled with what Jim notes above will help push your decision if you are planning DIY (It is pretty easy).

Here’s my quick & dirty suggestion - if you have an automation system or plan to get one in the near future, then get the SWG that’s made by the same manufacturer. It simplifies things greatly.

If it’s a totally standalone installation, then the CircuPool SWGs are top of my list - huge chlorine output (models up to 3lbs/day), easy to install, great customer support AND INCREDIBLE WARRANTIES!!! CP has units they warranty for 7 years!!! That’s unheard of with any other brand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.