Acid automation: Stenner pump build or intelliph system?

May 13, 2017
Poway/ca
Hi all,

i wanted to to get your input on if you think I would be better off (cheaper, better) on building my own acid dispense system. Or if the intelli system is a fairly equivalent price to building your own, and a better quality?

if building my own is a better route, is there a good build thread someone could link me to?

thanks!

I went with the Pentair Intellichem with two tanks and full automation with PH and Chlorine monitoring. So far I am very happy with it. It is practically hands-free once properly calibrated for the pool.

Thanks for the response rmklaw. Just to make sure. There are no sensors on that unit, correct? I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible to avoid maintaince of such things.

Thanks!

I went with the Pentair Intellichem with two tanks and full automation with PH and Chlorine monitoring. So far I am very happy with it. It is practically hands-free once properly calibrated for the pool.

A DIY Stenner will allow more flexibility to dose acid but can also potentially cause huge problems as the IntelliPH has hard limits built into it so you can’t accidentally dump an entire tank of acid into your pool.

Do you have an EasyTouch automation panel?

Thanks for the response rmklaw. Just to make sure. There are no sensors on that unit, correct? I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible to avoid maintaince of such things.

Thanks!

The IntelliChem has pH and ORP sensors. The IntelliPH doesn't have any. It operates on similar percentage based dosing as the IntelliChlor SWGs.

You have to have an IC for the IPH to work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.