Renovation deck jets, travertine, and crystal stone pebble

Nov 17, 2017
Margate
Hi,

My 1st post on TFP or any forum for that matter. Posting my reno here since a few posts here helped me make some decisions. I have plumbed the deck jets myself. I had trouble finding deck jet head distance and plumbing depth. I am having a company do the deck, pool tile, and finish. We choose Crystal Stone Majestic Isle. I wanted electric blue and no light colors light the normal diamond bright. Hopefully I made the right choice and will post progress here. I went with the Hayward deck jets because the cover height is adjustable and I have a better chance of being flush with the deck. I am pretty handy and do jobs that I can handle with a full-time job and kids. I have done plenty of plumbing projects but on this project I had issues with my 1st plumbing run due to things like rushing, not cleaning pvc ends, not priming, possibly having contaminants in the pvc weld, etc. My dad helped me with the 2nd plumb job where we made sure each joint was clean, deburred, primed, and fittings bottomed out. Finally passed a water pressure test overnight. I learned that air in the line, head pressure, and gauge location all plays part in PSI metrics. AMA and I will do my best to answer. I hope this helps people in this forum. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2387.jpg
    IMG_2387.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2385.jpg
    IMG_2385.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 80
Welcome to TFP! What a gorgeous setting for a pool. Lucky you!

I like the shape of your pool. Did you put it in originally? How large is it (gallons?) and the dimensions?

Did you make any changes in the equipment?

Maddie :flower:

Thanks Maddie. The pool is original to the home and we purchased the home recently. I have been told the pool is around 15,000 gallons and will need to get some measurements for you. I was looking into installing a pentair easytouch but need to wait due to budget constraints. We are however installing 2 Jandy multicolor LEDs.

Ah..yes... picture space is limited. If you become a TFP supporter <lint at top> you are given more picture space.

Try PoolMath for size, down at the bottom it can help you figure out the size of the pool in gallons.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.