This plumbing looks shotty

Wow what a disaster! When I see pics like this I cringe. Just no pride in workmanship at all.

For yours I would start by running the new lines. You can either extend what you have if it makes sense or start back at the pool and redirect to the new location. Once done, cut that mess off below the surface and abandon it.

Here is my plumbing. My plumber was very proud of his work and is considered one of the best in the area.

2wchxsz8bfEHc2M0yhVYs-cONmdAqYSAQYCQtr-olGWL3p3t408VY9bgFgLuwhkaZ_cottlT5BLhkVngJIjHDXJ_O4X77t_RYQ98NjstIoExo-EDXa6Hci-acMVsBFgXSrFdiEN2-hqvBxCGuVPxsbTs8XSfPBf6ieCHw6fliAJLW_LElycJRR4bxicTJtohV7zSnx_EekbQx2aAmZNV4UlhazDl82B8nzNrW1xPG_r4KAz_-E_7lY8KQnmb0GytYSm3WQ_z_OpritF3NM-RAgAXD_d0LekuFg2v8V-AXcC2rtSO2N4POoihQtO5NAy2mhrqJbzvLlWWG7aaEfgl76XgYfiyDaRKGAZ5UfBTOCWw_017GZ6DPIybmFFViGZnRFuQOJFMKFHHhEeuAKaKo9HaxY-2Oy-HVoAubyxRzh6TSy73hux1_YVe5deTv7tE9diT1DkYID6fVUi1VdLf325QwRvPvLRBPgo4_vers8jHpOLSHlpDuECpbHwGdfSIK7vp91E4Oh0tZMV-2gXWa9d3QSHCcKOnhYnpeUAb8cXuYxWXsRQbhyft6vUyiFKarO-l_35kMKGBljQfmZnzIn9oIB6Xatq-j-8plXG1sStpQbey7-24l0t72lRrJU-iihDH2E1m8gtSgnjo38PbLeVBRncgTFBm07E=w1705-h959-no

View attachment 70735View attachment 70736View attachment 70737I dunno where to start......I’ve been thinking about moving the pump, filter and heater 36 feet from this location myself along with the electrical. I’m

Be careful in how far you move everything as it may cause or slow down circulation. Maybe a little more detail in where everything is, and where you want to go and some other members will chime in on any short and long term effects on your game plan.

Will you be doing this yourself or hiring someone? My plumbing is very neat and organized as well, with unions, etc.

Wow what a disaster! When I see pics like this I cringe. Just no pride in workmanship at all.

For yours I would start by running the new lines. You can either extend what you have if it makes sense or start back at the pool and redirect to the new location. Once done, cut that mess off below the surface and abandon it.

Here is my plumbing. My plumber was very proud of his work and is considered one of the best in the area.

2wchxsz8bfEHc2M0yhVYs-cONmdAqYSAQYCQtr-olGWL3p3t408VY9bgFgLuwhkaZ_cottlT5BLhkVngJIjHDXJ_O4X77t_RYQ98NjstIoExo-EDXa6Hci-acMVsBFgXSrFdiEN2-hqvBxCGuVPxsbTs8XSfPBf6ieCHw6fliAJLW_LElycJRR4bxicTJtohV7zSnx_EekbQx2aAmZNV4UlhazDl82B8nzNrW1xPG_r4KAz_-E_7lY8KQnmb0GytYSm3WQ_z_OpritF3NM-RAgAXD_d0LekuFg2v8V-AXcC2rtSO2N4POoihQtO5NAy2mhrqJbzvLlWWG7aaEfgl76XgYfiyDaRKGAZ5UfBTOCWw_017GZ6DPIybmFFViGZnRFuQOJFMKFHHhEeuAKaKo9HaxY-2Oy-HVoAubyxRzh6TSy73hux1_YVe5deTv7tE9diT1DkYID6fVUi1VdLf325QwRvPvLRBPgo4_vers8jHpOLSHlpDuECpbHwGdfSIK7vp91E4Oh0tZMV-2gXWa9d3QSHCcKOnhYnpeUAb8cXuYxWXsRQbhyft6vUyiFKarO-l_35kMKGBljQfmZnzIn9oIB6Xatq-j-8plXG1sStpQbey7-24l0t72lRrJU-iihDH2E1m8gtSgnjo38PbLeVBRncgTFBm07E=w1705-h959-no

Now that system would be a joy to service, repair & replace. & great move not pouring concrete around the pipe risers!

The first thing that came to mind about relocating everything 30 ft away is your gas line.

It can be VERY expensive to plumb that as it has to be done by a certified gas tech.
Also how far away is the gas meter?

Your plumbing Is awesome!!!! I feel overwhelmed, and sick of people like my pool guy who referred me to this guy who installed my new Vsp pump with no sense of pride. I dunno,,,,,,,maybe I just want to blame someone for my mess of a pool plumbing situation that I bought into when I bought this house.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice!!! I’m a little lost has to where to start and deflated. But thank you for your reply. Really.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the reply. I’m going to get details this weekend and then decide once I hear back from you all and others what my next move is

Love the street Ls with a collar on them along with a dwv sweep 90.

Every 90 adds equivalent of a straight run, around 9 feet, or something, so a clean relocate with eliminated two or three 90's would close to the same as you have now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.