New guy tired of pool guy

Caupsguy

Gold Supporter
Jun 6, 2017
Buena Park california
Hello my name is Steve and I bought my house 2 1/2 years ago with a pool and spa. So happy, kids love the pool me and wife love the spa. I found this site a few months ago and feel very greatfull that knowledgeable people are willing to help newbies like me unlike my current pool guy who can’t tell me how many gal my pool is—REALLY!! I recently updated my signature and am looking forward to learning all I can from all of you. I will be using the form for calculating pool size from this site this weekend and update my signature info. I also took pictures of my pool plumbing, heater and electrical connections which just look half assed and unsafe. Well, time to go to bed and get up tomorrow and deliver packages to my customers. Thank you for taking time to read this short intro

Hi there Steve! :wave: Glad to have you join us here at TFP. We're all volunteers who really love our pools and are happy to help others love their pools too.

Holler if you have any questions or problems... or if you just want to share a pic of your pool. (we *love* pool pics)

As a small warning- even if you use a pool guy you should test yourself to confirm that the pool chemistry is being kept where it *should be* which is sometimes not the case when others care for the pool. Be informed as to what they are using and adding to your pool.

Maddie :flower:

Welcome

Once you get a good test kit and start using pool math you can get a really good idea how many gallons your pool is
Since the chemistry stuff here is all based on math

if for example you think you have a 20k gallon pool and you use pool math to adjust PH and measure the acid accurately the PH change should BE accurate. If its NOT then the # of gallons is wrong or your test and treat was...

Welcome Steve.

Did you get the TF-100? ( https://www.troublefreepool.com/thr...first-TF-100-kit-online?p=1253580#post1253580 ). If you did, please add that to your signature so you don't get asked about it 500 times LOL.

Make sure you have a read through Pool School, especially ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thanks for posting!
. Yes I have the kit and added to my signature Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you
Hi there Steve! :wave: Glad to have you join us here at TFP. We're all volunteers who really love our pools and are happy to help others love their pools too.

Holler if you have any questions or problems... or if you just want to share a pic of your pool. (we *love* pool pics)

As a small warning- even if you use a pool guy you should test yourself to confirm that the pool chemistry is being kept where it *should be* which is sometimes not the case when others care for the pool. Be informed as to what they are using and adding to your pool.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.