Riverside, CA - Backyard Overhaul

B? Have you read ANY of "my" build threads??? LOL You KNOW what I think of that tile!!! It is my favorite!!!! I LOVE the color and I LOVE the size/shapes!

What color mortar? What color grout?

Oh that tile with the Mediterranean Blue AquaBright!!! OH YEAH!

Kim:kim:

FINALLY!!!! Meditterean Blue AB....I could only be more jealous if they added a Big Green Egg Smoker to their ODK.

FINALLY!!!! Meditterean Blue AB....I could only be more jealous if they added a Big Green Egg Smoker to their ODK.

Traeger country out here in Riverdale!

B? Have you read ANY of "my" build threads??? LOL You KNOW what I think of that tile!!! It is my favorite!!!! I LOVE the color and I LOVE the size/shapes!

What color mortar? What color grout?

Oh that tile with the Mediterranean Blue AquaBright!!! OH YEAH!

Kim:kim:

Grout will probably be a light to medium grey... I may not even offer choices :rant:

I read (and often used) a tip learned in a child care book- when you want a kid to pick the item you want them to pick (item B for example) yet you're also letting them think they have a choice... you always list the one you want them to pick last. They don't remember item A after you say B, so they go with B. It worked for me for many child raising years.

"do you want the nondescript white grout or the lovely matte gray that goes so well with the tile?" :laughblue:

Maddie :flower:

I read (and often used) a tip learned in a child care book- when you want a kid to pick the item you want them to pick (item B for example) yet you're also letting them think they have a choice... you always list the one you want them to pick last. They don't remember item A after you say B, so they go with B. It worked for me for many child raising years.

"do you want the nondescript white grout or the lovely matte gray that goes so well with the tile?" :laughblue:

Maddie :flower:

That's a better approach that what I would have done...

"They only make grey grout, I hope you like it"

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Brian’s Wanger is very special. He uses his Wanger on every job. His customers really enjoy seeing his Wanger at work too. Truthfully, I wish I had Brian’s Wanger around here, I could really put him to work on a few jobs....

Patio framing is complete and I should get the columns and BBQ island framed tomorrow. I haven't conventionally framed something this big in a long time and it's really made me miss trusses.... This would have been a 2 day job to get it to this point

IMG_20180103_162457290.jpg

IMG_20180103_162520008.jpg

IMG_20180103_162537303.jpg

IMG_20180103_162541594.jpg

Most of today was spent forming and placing the rebar for the fireplace and pergola pilasters. I wish I knew what the engineer was thinking that designed this :scratch: It's going to be a 5 yard monolithic pour! 320 feet of rebar!

IMG_20180103_160205526.jpg

IMG_20180103_160213989.jpg

IMG_20180103_160230073.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.