Water Level issue- Help!

May 16, 2017
Purcellville
Help! We got a hard freeze randomly, down to 20 degrees when weeks before we were up in the 60s.
So since we didn't close the pool all the way down we just ran the pump overnight like we have done in the prior year, well it looks like the seal from the pump to the DE filter popped (not sure why) and water was shooting out overnight and now my water level is like 2 inches above the shallow end.

We have officially closed the pool, lines blown, antifreeze, cover all that good stuff, but my water line is still 2 inches in the shallow end.

I have a hose line running to the pool to fill it but it could take a while.

Is there anything else I should be doing? we are supposed to get down to 31 tonight and I'm concerned that my water level is too low.

Am I worrying for no reason?

If you have another hose, you might be able to get two hoses running which will speed things up, but yep it sounds like you're doing the right things.

Sounds like your main drain must be working!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.