72 ft run to the equipment pad

May 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Is there much difference between running a 72 ft run to the pad compare to 56 ft?
Just broke ground yesterday. We have to put our equipment pad on the other side of the house.
The pool builder seem to be concerned with the longer run.

the 56ft run will cut right in the middel of our existing concrete which I dont really like.
the 72 ft run will be ran against the dividing wall.
the longer run will let me run gas and water pipe to future bbq pad and I can just laid more grass on top.

Yeah, as Tim said, it's no big deal. If PB was still concerned, suggest he run 1/2" larger pipe on those runs. Without doing the math, I bet that would actually decrease the tdh over the 56' run with 1/2" smaller pipe.

Regardless, I would be comfortable adding the extra length, even if he doesn't increase the pipe size.

its a flat elevation run to the equip pad. other than the normal above ground level of the pump and below ground level of all the plumbing.

I just told the grader to pull all the bush on the side of the wall regardless on which way PB will run the pipes. Cost me a little more to haul out the trees tho.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.