Lowest safe water temperature in winter

Aug 22, 2015
Commack, NY
Its November in Long Island and the weather just took a turn for the cold. I know from experience that I don't use the spa much in the winter and could live without using it at all. I am not going to close it down and winterize it. Just seems like too many little things could go wrong or break and its just not worth the hastle. I would like to save money though. I don't know what the lowest allowable temperature setting on my model is (Jacuzzi J-355) but I was wondering what temperature I could turn it down to to save the most on electricity and to also be sure there is no damage to the spa. I can set it to circulate the water for 30 minutes 4 times a day (I can also set it for 2 times a day, and maybe even once.) Probably the 4 times a day setting is better just to make sure she starts up ever 6 hours and moves things around. So, back to the original question, what is a good safe low temperature setting for the spa in the winter assuming I don't use it. And theoretically, would it save a good chunk of change to run it at 50 degrees instead of 100 degrees for 4 months? I would think so, right? I would still go out every 5 days or so and check the water chemistry. Thanks, Dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.