"Metal Free" and "No Mor Problems"

trclac

Jul 24, 2009
Houston
When our pool was constructed a year ago, the builder advised that we use Metal Free and No Mor Problems weekly, which we have done. Given that this group was so helpful on my FC/CYA issues :goodjob: , I was wondering whether anyone had any thoughts for or against these chemicals. They're expensive, of course, and if I can cut them out of my budget without giving up a "healthy" pool, I'd like to.

Thanks.

No more problems is Sodium Bromide, an algaecide, and is totally not necessary, Metal Free is not a good sequesterant. You shouldn't use either.

Why are you using sequesterant? Do you have a metal issue? Have you had the levels tested recently?

frustratedpoolmom said:
No more problems is Sodium Bromide, an algaecide, and is totally not necessary, Metal Free is not a good sequesterant. You shouldn't use either.

Why are you using sequesterant? Do you have a metal issue? Have you had the levels tested recently?

I'm only using these because my pool builder recommended them, and, having never owned a pool, I simply followed his advice. If they're not necessary, that's a nice savings. :cheers:

no mor problems is completely unneccessary now that you're following the chlorine/cya chart. as far as metals, I would keep up what you're doing since you probably still have some left, until you can get the water tested for metals as FPM said. if you're on city water, you probably don't have any. if you do though, switch to another sequestrant that is hedp based. see the following threads for a bit more info:
jack-s-purple-stuff-where-to-purchase-best-prices-t14279.html
what-is-the-best-stain-preventative-for-fiberglass-pool-t12097.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.