chlorine loss

I am also in the Atlanta are (West side) and I average somewhere between 3 and 4 since my install (7/6/09). I am getting sun from around 0830-1800 daily. I am no expert, but there are plenty on this forum that can answer the question I am sure.

2ppm is the going rate. that's a bit high if you mean from 8am-8am. how about sunlight? pools in sun all day in hot climates can benefit from a bit more cya. what are your other numbers? increased chlorine demand is a first sign of algae, but this loss could be normal for you. how does the water look?

It's hard to say if it's normal. Have you done an overnight chlorine drop test? If you haven't then I'd suggest you do one. Once you do that and ensure you don't have organics helping you out with it, then you might consider bumping your CYA up to 50 and see if that helps. I know it did mine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.